Man Arrested for Drunk Driving Street Sweeper in Mississauga
While impaired driving incidents are sadly not uncommon, the vehicle this time around is a little unexpected.
Sgt. Kerry Schmidt of the OPP reported that a man was recently arrested after he was found drunkenly operating a street sweeper on the QEW in Mississauga.
According to Schmidt, officers got a call regarding a street sweeper that was moving very slowly down the highway. They attended the scene and found that the driver was drinking from a bottle of liquor while operating the vehicle.
The driver, a 48-year-old Mississauga man named Aaron Duffy, has been arrested and charged with impaired driving and having open alcohol in the vehicle.
The vehicle was also removed from the scene.
“This is a huge concern for us,” Schmidt said. “It’s a large, commercial, strange vehicle. This is completely unacceptable.” He added that the OPP has pressed well over four or five thousand alcohol-related charges already this year.
- Mississauga Man Arrested For Driving Malfunctioning Vehicle While Impaired
- Firearm Discovered During Impaired Driving Investigation in Mississauga
- GO Bus Driver Detained at Square One for Impaired Driving in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Arrested in Highway Crash
- Impaired Driver Arrested After Rollover Crash in Mississauga