Man Arrested Following Multiple Thefts, Crashing into Police Cruiser in Mississauga
A man is facing charges in connection with 53 offences following multiple robberies and a collision with a police cruiser in Mississauga.
Peel police say that, beginning in February 2018, the suspect attended several commercial premises in the Region of Peel and victimized over 20 businesses.
Police allege the suspect committed multiple break and enter offences and took property.
According to police, investigators were able to identify the suspect and subsequently issued a warrant for his arrest.
On September 8, 2018, the suspect was observed operating a vehicle by officers on patrol in the City of Mississauga, police say.
According to police, officers attempted to stop the suspect, who responded by accelerating his vehicle towards them, striking a police cruiser and another vehicle before fleeing the area.
On Monday, Oct. 15, 2018, officers located and arrested the suspect near a Mississauga motel.
Police say 24-year-old Mark Rugala has been charged with 53 offences and will appear in court on Oct. 16, 2018.
Police say the charges relate to break and enter, theft, auto theft and dangerous driving offences.
Anyone with information relating to this investigation is asked to call investigators at the 12 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 1233.
- UPDATED: Police Searching For Suspect Wanted For Multiple Mississauga Robberies
- Police Issue Arrest Warrant for Break, Enter and Theft Suspect
- Police Searching for Suspect of Multiple Break-Ins in Mississauga
- WANTED: Police Still Searching for Mississauga Theft Suspect
- Police Looking for Mississauga Theft Suspect
- Rental prices falling amid COVID-19 pandemic in Mississauga
- Mississauga high school teacher charged with sexual assault
- Two Mississauga residents facing gun and drug-related charges
- 153 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 20 new cases reported over two-day period in Mississauga
- Firefighters responding to fire alarm at Mississauga condo building