Man arrested following armed carjacking incident in Mississauga
A man is facing charges in connection with a carjacking incident that recently took place in Mississauga.
Peel police say that on May 4, 2020, a woman was approached by a man with a handgun after parking her vehicle at a residential complex in the Oscar Peterson Boulevard and Eglinton Avenue West area. Police allege the suspect demanded her car keys and then fled the area in her vehicle.
At 1:30 p.m., the suspect, still operating the vehicle, was reportedly involved in a single-vehicle collision on the 403 near Matheson Boulevard in Mississauga.
Police say the suspect fled the scene on foot.
After a brief search, police located and arrested the accused in the Kennedy Road and Matheson Boulevard area.
Police allege a loaded .40 caliber handgun was recovered.
Police say 22-year-old Toronto man Suhay Ahmed was charged with a number of offences, including robbery, unauthorized possession of a firearm, disguise with intent and more.
He was held for a bail hearing and appeared in court on May 5.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact investigators in the Central Robbery Bureau at (905)453-2121 ext. 3410.
- Man arrested following carjacking in medical facility parking lot in Mississauga
- Police investigating reports of armed carjacking in Mississauga
- Gunpoint Carjacking Suspect Arrested in Mississauga
- Police searching for suspect armed with handgun after carjacking in Mississauga
- Police searching for armed suspect after bank robbery in Mississauga
- Police investigating reports of man trying to enter occupied cars in Mississauga
- Here are all the places that now require masks or face coverings in Mississauga
- Justin Trudeau speaks out about racist tirade at Mississauga grocery store, police say they’re investigating
- Film and television studio opening third location in Mississauga
- Restaurant in Square One in Mississauga appears to have closed down for good