Man Arrested Following Alleged Sexual Assault at Mississauga Tanning Salon
A man is facing charges following an alleged sexual assault at a Mississauga tanning salon.
Peel police allege that on Tuesday, April 10 at approximately 12:00 p.m., a 29 year-old woman was sexually assaulted by the co-owner and operator of the Tanned Bodies (3050 Confederation Parkway) tanning salon.
Police say Tanned Bodies operates three different salons in the GTA (two in Mississauga and one in Toronto).
The woman was a customer at the salon.
Police say the victim left the salon after the alleged assault and contacted police.
Police say a similar incident occurred two years ago.
On June 12, 2016, a 23 year-old woman called police after allegedly being sexually assaulted by the same suspect at Tanned Bodies. Police say the woman was assaulted during her tanning session.
On Thursday, April 19, police arrested 44-year-old Toronto man Gary Edwards and charged him with two counts of sexual assault.
The accused was held for a bail hearing on Thursday, April 19.
Investigators from the Special Victims Unit believe that there may be more victims and/or witnesses and are asking anyone who had contact with the accused to contact the Peel Regional Police Special Victims Unit.
Anyone with information in relation to this incident is asked to contact investigators at the Special Victims Unit at 905-453-2121, ext. 3460.
- Mississauga Tanning Salon Co-Owner Charged With Numerous Sexual Assaults
- Police Arrest and Identify Suspect in Connection with Sexual Assault Incidents in Mississauga
- Police Identify Suspect After Series of Sexual Assaults in Mississauga
- Police Charge Man Who Taught in Mississauga with Sexual Assault
- Police Charge Mississauga Hospital Nurse with Sexual Assault