Man arrested after string of break-ins and vehicle thefts in Mississauga and Brampton
Police have made an arrest following multiple break-ins and vehicle-related thefts in Mississauga and Brampton.
The investigation began in January 2019 regarding a stolen vehicle in the area of Richmead Road and Durango Drive in Brampton. Evidence left behind reportedly provided a foresic analysis of the suspect.
Recently on April 2, 2020, police say a male suspect committed a break and enter at a truck rental centre in the area of Main Street and Archibald Street in Brampton, obtained truck keys, and committed theft of a vehicle.
Around 9:05 a.m. on Friday, April 3, police attended the area of Davand Drive and Derry Road East in Mississauga to investigate the theft of a moving truck believed to be committed by the same suspect.
Around 4:02 p.m. that day, the suspect allegedly committed a break and enter at a business in the area of Bradco Boulevard and Matheson Boulevard East in Mississauga, then at 11:00 p.m. allegedly committed a break and enter again at the truck rental centre in the area of Main Street and Archibald Street in Brampton and committed theft of a vehicle.
On Saturday, April 4, investigators reportedly observed the suspect operating a stolen vehcile in the area of Rutherford Road and Queen Street in Brampton.
“An attempt was made to stop the vehicle, but the suspect fled,” police say. “The vehicle was later located in the area of Treleaven Drive in the City of Brampton.”
After continuing their investigation, 22 year old Fernando Meucci of no fixed address was arrested on Sunday, April 5.
He is charged with the following offences:
- Break and Enter (2 counts)
- Theft of Motor Vehicle (3 counts)
- Possession of Stolen Property (2 counts)
- Breach of Recognizance (2 counts)
- Breach Probation
- Drive Disqualified (2 counts)
- Flight from Police
- Dangerous Operation
Meucci was held for a bail hearing and will appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton on Sunday, April 5.
- Two Men Facing 147 Criminal Charges Following Break-ins in Brampton and Mississauga
- Police Issue Arrest Warrant for Break, Enter and Theft Suspect
- WANTED: Police Still Searching for Mississauga Theft Suspect
- Man Arrested Following 18 Break Ins in Brampton and Mississauga
- Another Suspect Charged Following a Series of Residential Break and Enters Across the GTA
- Mississauga has an interactive map for coyote sightings
- Mississauga high school teacher charged with sexual assault
- 165 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, nine new cases found in Mississauga
- Mississauga man celebrating Poker Lotto win
- Man who rammed gate near Trudeau residence with truck faces multiple charges