Man arrested after string of break-ins and vehicle thefts in Mississauga and Brampton
Police have made an arrest following multiple break-ins and vehicle-related thefts in Mississauga and Brampton.
The investigation began in January 2019 regarding a stolen vehicle in the area of Richmead Road and Durango Drive in Brampton. Evidence left behind reportedly provided a foresic analysis of the suspect.
Recently on April 2, 2020, police say a male suspect committed a break and enter at a truck rental centre in the area of Main Street and Archibald Street in Brampton, obtained truck keys, and committed theft of a vehicle.
Around 9:05 a.m. on Friday, April 3, police attended the area of Davand Drive and Derry Road East in Mississauga to investigate the theft of a moving truck believed to be committed by the same suspect.
Around 4:02 p.m. that day, the suspect allegedly committed a break and enter at a business in the area of Bradco Boulevard and Matheson Boulevard East in Mississauga, then at 11:00 p.m. allegedly committed a break and enter again at the truck rental centre in the area of Main Street and Archibald Street in Brampton and committed theft of a vehicle.
On Saturday, April 4, investigators reportedly observed the suspect operating a stolen vehcile in the area of Rutherford Road and Queen Street in Brampton.
“An attempt was made to stop the vehicle, but the suspect fled,” police say. “The vehicle was later located in the area of Treleaven Drive in the City of Brampton.”
After continuing their investigation, 22 year old Fernando Meucci of no fixed address was arrested on Sunday, April 5.
He is charged with the following offences:
- Break and Enter (2 counts)
- Theft of Motor Vehicle (3 counts)
- Possession of Stolen Property (2 counts)
- Breach of Recognizance (2 counts)
- Breach Probation
- Drive Disqualified (2 counts)
- Flight from Police
- Dangerous Operation
Meucci was held for a bail hearing and will appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton on Sunday, April 5.
- Two Men Facing 147 Criminal Charges Following Break-ins in Brampton and Mississauga
- Two police cars rammed by stolen vehicle in Mississauga, Brampton pair charged
- Two arrested in vehicle theft investigation; police seize vehicles, drugs and cash
- Police Issue Arrest Warrant for Break, Enter and Theft Suspect
- WANTED: Police Still Searching for Mississauga Theft Suspect
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcome 19 international and 13 domestic flights with COVID-19
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Police responding to male with firearm in Mississauga convenience store
- All COVID-19 cases in Mississauga schools for the week of Feb 22 to 26
- Ontario ticket holder wins $70 million Lotto Max jackpot