Man Arrested After Pedestrian Fatally Struck in Mississauga
A Toronto man is facing charges in connection with a pedestrian fatality in Mississauga.
Peel police report that on Tuesday, Oct. 17, 2017, at approximately 11:00 a.m., a pedestrian was struck by a dump truck in the Dixie Road and Rathburn Road area in Mississauga.
Police allege the driver of the dump truck failed to stop at the scene and continued to travel northbound along Dixie Road after the collision.
The pedestrian, 36-year-old Mississauga man Clayton Barnard, succumbed to his injures at the scene.
The dump truck involved in the collision was located shortly after and processed for examination.
On Tuesday, Jan. 9, 38-year-old Roshan Navacodi was arrested and charged with fail to remain—cause death and careless driving.
He was released on a promise to appear with a court date of Feb. 12.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact investigators with the Major Collision Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3710.
- Mississauga Hit and Run Victim ID'd by Police
- Pedestrian Injured in Hit and Run Collision With Truck in Mississauga
- Woman Dies After Being Struck by Transport Truck in Mississauga
- One man dead after colliding into dump truck in Uxbridge Township
- Woman Dies After Being Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga
- More Canadians say worst of COVID-19 yet to come as the Delta variant spreads: poll
- Peel Police on scene in Mississauga after cyclist struck by car
- Trio robs Brampton convenience store, police say
- Temporary DriveTest Centres coming soon to Mississauga, Hamilton and elsewhere to address backlog
- New retail and commercial development proposed in Burlington