Man Arrested After Pedestrian Fatally Struck in Mississauga
A Toronto man is facing charges in connection with a pedestrian fatality in Mississauga.
Peel police report that on Tuesday, Oct. 17, 2017, at approximately 11:00 a.m., a pedestrian was struck by a dump truck in the Dixie Road and Rathburn Road area in Mississauga.
Police allege the driver of the dump truck failed to stop at the scene and continued to travel northbound along Dixie Road after the collision.
The pedestrian, 36-year-old Mississauga man Clayton Barnard, succumbed to his injures at the scene.
The dump truck involved in the collision was located shortly after and processed for examination.
On Tuesday, Jan. 9, 38-year-old Roshan Navacodi was arrested and charged with fail to remain—cause death and careless driving.
He was released on a promise to appear with a court date of Feb. 12.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact investigators with the Major Collision Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3710.
- Peel Police are Warning Residents to be Aware of Scams
- Here’s How Many New Condos Will be Coming to Part of Mississauga Over the Next 10 Years
- Your Morning Commute in Mississauga May be Delayed
- Massive Fireworks Display Coming to Ontario For the First Time Ever
- These Products are Now Banned in Canada
- Mississauga Hit and Run Victim ID'd by Police
- Woman Dies After Being Struck by Transport Truck in Mississauga
- Police Seek Witnesses After Pedestrian Struck in Mississauga
- Police Investigating After Pedestrian Dies in Mississauga
- Elderly Man Seriously Injured After Being Struck by Truck in Mississauga