Man Arrested After Pedestrian Fatally Struck in Mississauga
A Toronto man is facing charges in connection with a pedestrian fatality in Mississauga.
Peel police report that on Tuesday, Oct. 17, 2017, at approximately 11:00 a.m., a pedestrian was struck by a dump truck in the Dixie Road and Rathburn Road area in Mississauga.
Police allege the driver of the dump truck failed to stop at the scene and continued to travel northbound along Dixie Road after the collision.
The pedestrian, 36-year-old Mississauga man Clayton Barnard, succumbed to his injures at the scene.
The dump truck involved in the collision was located shortly after and processed for examination.
On Tuesday, Jan. 9, 38-year-old Roshan Navacodi was arrested and charged with fail to remain—cause death and careless driving.
He was released on a promise to appear with a court date of Feb. 12.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact investigators with the Major Collision Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3710.
- House of the week: Spectacular $4.3 mil Lorne Park home with wine cellar
- PHOTOS: Over 100 townhouses planned for brand new neighbourhood in Mississauga
- Still no answer from feds as 14 flights land at Mississauga's Pearson Airport with COVID-19
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Fight breaks out at gas station in Brampton
- Here's where the new Automated Speed Enforcement cameras are in Mississauga