Man Arrested After Pedestrian Fatally Struck in Mississauga
A Toronto man is facing charges in connection with a pedestrian fatality in Mississauga.
Peel police report that on Tuesday, Oct. 17, 2017, at approximately 11:00 a.m., a pedestrian was struck by a dump truck in the Dixie Road and Rathburn Road area in Mississauga.
Police allege the driver of the dump truck failed to stop at the scene and continued to travel northbound along Dixie Road after the collision.
The pedestrian, 36-year-old Mississauga man Clayton Barnard, succumbed to his injures at the scene.
The dump truck involved in the collision was located shortly after and processed for examination.
On Tuesday, Jan. 9, 38-year-old Roshan Navacodi was arrested and charged with fail to remain—cause death and careless driving.
He was released on a promise to appear with a court date of Feb. 12.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact investigators with the Major Collision Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3710.
- Two Mississauga men enjoying big lotto wins
- Employee at Mississauga shopping centre tests positive for COVID-19
- Police investigating jewelry store robbery in Mississauga
- These are the pharmacies offering COVID-19 tests in Mississauga
- Peel District schools in Mississauga with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 24