Man Arrested After Firearm Related Incident in Mississauga
A Toronto man is facing charges in connection with a firearm-related disturbance that took place in Mississauga.
Peel police allege that on Sunday, August 5 at approximately 9:30 p.m., officers responded to a report of a disturbance in the Sussex Gate and Enfield Place area near Square One.
Police say a man was subsequently arrested in a parking lot at the aforementioned location.
Police say 21-year-old Morris Tutu has been charged with a number of firearm-related offenses, including unauthorized possession of a firearm, careless storage of a firearm, weapon, prohibited device or ammunition, possession of a loaded prohibited or restricted firearm, carrying a concealed weapon, possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose and more.
The accused was held for a bail hearing.
Police provided a picture of the firearm seized:
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact investigators with the 12 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 1233.
- Two Brampton men facing charges after police seize drugs and firearm
- Two Mississauga men arrested in connection with firearm-related offences
- Three Charged With Firearm-Related Offences in Mississauga
- Mississauga and Brampton residents charged with firearm-related offences
- Man Arrested in Connection With Assault, Human Trafficking and Firearm-Related Offences
- Mississauga man murdered at Wasaga Beach, Brampton man one of two charged
- VIDEO: Aftermath of multi-vehicle crash involving Mississauga Transit bus sends four to hospital
- Oakville driver stabbed in face, Mississauga man now charged
- Mississauga firefighters dealing with blaze at Petro Canada refinery
- UPDATE: Section of 401 in Halton closed after collision