Man Arrested After Firearm Related Incident in Mississauga
A Toronto man is facing charges in connection with a firearm-related disturbance that took place in Mississauga.
Peel police allege that on Sunday, August 5 at approximately 9:30 p.m., officers responded to a report of a disturbance in the Sussex Gate and Enfield Place area near Square One.
Police say a man was subsequently arrested in a parking lot at the aforementioned location.
Police say 21-year-old Morris Tutu has been charged with a number of firearm-related offenses, including unauthorized possession of a firearm, careless storage of a firearm, weapon, prohibited device or ammunition, possession of a loaded prohibited or restricted firearm, carrying a concealed weapon, possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose and more.
The accused was held for a bail hearing.
Police provided a picture of the firearm seized:
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact investigators with the 12 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 1233.
- Crews Attending Basement Fire in Mississauga
- A New Pop-Up Store is Open at Erin Mills Town Centre in Mississauga
- Man in Life-Threatening Condition After Being Pulled from Pool in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Facing 45 Hate-Related Charges
- Popular Store Opens First Outlet in Canada at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Three Charged With Firearm-Related Offences in Mississauga
- Man Arrested in Connection With Assault, Human Trafficking and Firearm-Related Offences
- Car Crash Leads to Gun-Related Charges in Mississauga
- Mississauga Woman Facing Firearm Related Charges
- 2 Charged After Mississauga Traffic Stop Leads to Gun, Drugs