Man arrested after bomb threat made to elementary school in Mississauga
Police have made an arrest in regards to a recent bomb threat in Mississauga.
Shortly before 9:00 a.m. on Friday, October 9, officers responded to Brandon Gate Public School after the school administration received a call from an unknown male claiming there was a bomb in the building.
Students and staff were evacuated from the building while officers and K9 units searched the school. The building was deemed safe to return to.
On Saturday morning, October 10, police arrested 27 year old Vaughan man Delano Gibson. He has been charged with Public Mischief and False Message.
Gibson is expected to attend the Ontario Court of Justice on December 15, 2020.
- Some university students in Mississauga are dating older partners to pay off debt
- Top 5 Chicken on the Rocks in Mississauga
- Vehicle leaves scene after striking pedestrian in Mississauga
- Three OPP officers charged following allegations of preferential treatment for GTA tow operators
- Police won’t be stopping and questioning people while stay-at-home order is in effect