Man arrested after bomb threat made to elementary school in Mississauga
Police have made an arrest in regards to a recent bomb threat in Mississauga.
Shortly before 9:00 a.m. on Friday, October 9, officers responded to Brandon Gate Public School after the school administration received a call from an unknown male claiming there was a bomb in the building.
Students and staff were evacuated from the building while officers and K9 units searched the school. The building was deemed safe to return to.
On Saturday morning, October 10, police arrested 27 year old Vaughan man Delano Gibson. He has been charged with Public Mischief and False Message.
Gibson is expected to attend the Ontario Court of Justice on December 15, 2020.
- Drugs found at kids playland, 19 from Brampton busted as international trafficking ring smashed, police release all names
- House of the week: Spectacular $4.3 mil Lorne Park home with wine cellar
- Police on scene in Brampton after man found with serious injuries, sources say gunplay suspected
- Here's where the new Automated Speed Enforcement cameras are in Mississauga
- Still no answer from feds as 14 flights land at Mississauga's Pearson Airport with COVID-19