Man arrested after bomb threat made to elementary school in Mississauga
Police have made an arrest in regards to a recent bomb threat in Mississauga.
Shortly before 9:00 a.m. on Friday, October 9, officers responded to Brandon Gate Public School after the school administration received a call from an unknown male claiming there was a bomb in the building.
Students and staff were evacuated from the building while officers and K9 units searched the school. The building was deemed safe to return to.
On Saturday morning, October 10, police arrested 27 year old Vaughan man Delano Gibson. He has been charged with Public Mischief and False Message.
Gibson is expected to attend the Ontario Court of Justice on December 15, 2020.
- Male shot in Mississauga, taken to trauma centre
- Police advising motorists to watch out for rogue cow in Milton
- Mangoes recalled from stores in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario due to Hepatitis A
- One arrested after loaded firearm found in Brampton
- Suspect on the run after early morning stabbing in Oakville