Man Arrested After Alleged Break-in Attempt in Mississauga
A Mississauga man is facing charges in connection with an attempted break and enter investigation.
Peel police say a tip from the public led to the suspect's arrest.
Police say that on Monday, Nov. 13, a man allegedly attempted to gain access to a residence in the Erin Centre Boulevard and Churchill Meadows Boulevard area.
His image was captured on the homeowner's surveillance camera.
On January 12, a news release with images of the suspect was sent out to the public. In early February, a Crime Stoppers tip was received that police say helped identify the suspect.
On Feb. 14, police arrested 26-year-old Eliot Kasongo. He was subsequently charged with one count of attempting to break and enter and six counts of breach of probation.
He was held for a bail hearing on Feb. 15.
Anyone with further information is asked to call investigators in the 11 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 1133.
- Police Seeking to Identify Break-In Suspect in Mississauga
- Police Issue Arrest Warrant for Break, Enter and Theft Suspect
- WANTED: Police Still Searching for Mississauga Theft Suspect
- Two Men Facing 147 Criminal Charges Following Break-ins in Brampton and Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Police Searching for Break and Enter Suspect in Mississauga
- Mississauga, Brampton students likely to finish school year via remote learning
- Ontario doctors urging Province extend lockdown set to expire in late May
- BRAMPTON'S MOST WANTED: Peel Police hunt four men on the run
- Cyclist taken to hospital after being hit by car in Brampton
- Cake purchased at Farm Boy in Hamilton, Burlington or Oakville faces recall