Man Armed With Knife Send Heavily-Armed Officers Into Square One Condo in Mississauga
Around 6:30 on Monday (Sept. 12), heavily armed tactical officers were called to a Webb Drive condo in the Square One area to respond to reports of a distraught man acting erratically.
Police presence in area of Webb Drive and Duke of York Blvd in #Mississauga. Male party in medical distress, no threat to public safety.— Peel Regional Police (@PeelPoliceMedia) September 12, 2016
“A person was emotionally disturbed and he had a knife and he had some lighter fluid on him as well,” Const. Harinder Sohi told insauga.com. “We were there until 8:21 and he was taken to hospital for mental health assessment.”
About four hours ago, Peel police did tweet that they were dealing with a man in medical distress and assured residents that he was not a threat to public safety. An hour later, they tweeted that the incident was resolved without incident and that residents would soon be free to return home.
Fortunately, no injuries were reported.
Photo from twitter
***Update****— Peel Regional Police (@PeelPoliceMedia) September 13, 2016
Situation has been resolved without incident. Residents will be allowed to return shortly, thank you for your patience.
- Ontario Residents Warned to Avoid Certain Types of Lettuce Following Illness Outbreak
- 14-Year-Old Arrested After Threat Made Against Mississauga High School
- Mississauga Set to Welcome $40 Million Park
- Get Ready for Some Brutally Cold Weather in Mississauga
- Black Friday Shopping is Easier Than Ever Before in Mississauga
- SIU Investigating Peel Police After Tasing Incident in Mississauga
- Schools Under Hold and Secure in Mississauga While Police Investigate Reports of Suspect Armed with Knife
- UPDATE: More Details on Man Found Dead in Mississauga City Centre Condo
- Police Looking For Potentially Armed Suspect Following Robbery in Mississauga
- Police Searching for Robbers Armed with Knife in Mississauga