Man Armed With Knife Send Heavily-Armed Officers Into Square One Condo in Mississauga
Around 6:30 on Monday (Sept. 12), heavily armed tactical officers were called to a Webb Drive condo in the Square One area to respond to reports of a distraught man acting erratically.
Police presence in area of Webb Drive and Duke of York Blvd in #Mississauga. Male party in medical distress, no threat to public safety.— Peel Regional Police (@PeelPoliceMedia) September 12, 2016
“A person was emotionally disturbed and he had a knife and he had some lighter fluid on him as well,” Const. Harinder Sohi told insauga.com. “We were there until 8:21 and he was taken to hospital for mental health assessment.”
About four hours ago, Peel police did tweet that they were dealing with a man in medical distress and assured residents that he was not a threat to public safety. An hour later, they tweeted that the incident was resolved without incident and that residents would soon be free to return home.
Fortunately, no injuries were reported.
Photo from twitter
***Update****— Peel Regional Police (@PeelPoliceMedia) September 13, 2016
Situation has been resolved without incident. Residents will be allowed to return shortly, thank you for your patience.
- Ontarians are being warned not to participate in the TikTok penny challenge
- BREAKING: First coronavirus patient confirmed at Sunnybrook Hospital
- Ontario confirms second case of Wuhan coronavirus
- Teachers' strike to affect Peel and Hamilton-Wentworth school boards
- Suspects flee armed robbery in Mississauga
- SIU Investigating Peel Police After Tasing Incident in Mississauga
- Peel police investigating reported armed robbery in Mississauga
- UPDATE: More Details on Man Found Dead in Mississauga City Centre Condo
- Schools Under Hold and Secure in Mississauga While Police Investigate Reports of Suspect Armed with Knife
- Police and Paramedics on Scene for Person in Distress in Mississauga