Man and Oakville woman arrested after gunshots fired in Kitchener
Published June 6, 2022 at 4:52 pm
A man and Oakville woman have been charged after gunshots were reported in the early hours of Sunday morning (June 5) in Kitchener.
At around 2:50 a.m. on Sunday, Waterloo Regional Police responded to calls to reports of gunshots in the area of Weber Street East and Kinzie Avenue.
The police were told that the two suspects had fled the area in a vehicle.
The suspects were later located by the WRPS’ Neighbourhood Policing Central Division and Direct Action Response Team travelling on Highway 8 near Sportsworld Drive and pulled over.
The two were arrested and a loaded firearm was found during the arrest.
A 26-year-old Oakville female was charged with:
- Occupant of Motor Vehicle Knowing There Was a Firearm
A 33-year-old male was charged with the following:
- Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose
- Carry Concealed Weapon
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
- Unauthorized Possession of a Weapon – Prohibited Device – Extended Magazine
- Discharging Firearm – Recklessness
- Occupy a Motor Vehicle Knowing a Firearm is Present
- Possess a Restricted Firearm with Ammunition
- Firearm Tampering – Without lawful excuse in possession of a firearm knowing that the serial number had been altered
- Possession of a Firearm Contrary to Prohibition Order (six counts)
Police say this incident was a result of a dispute at a licensed establishment in the area and there are no concerns for public safety.
There were no physical injuries reported.
The investigation is ongoing.insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising