Man accused of impaired driving with loaded gun in Mississauga: Peel police
Through its Festive Ride Program, Peel police have issued several charges to a Toronto man; including impaired driving and possession of a firearm.
Police say the man was stopped Saturday morning at 1:00 a.m. during a spot check in the area of Dixie and North Service Rd in Mississauga.
After suspecting the driver of impairment a subsequent search led to police allegedly finding a loaded firearm.
The 27-year-old Toronto man is facing the following charges:
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
- Possession of a Loaded Firearm
- Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
- Careless Storage of a Firearm
- Possession of a Weapon for Dangerous Purpose
- Impaired Operation - Blood Alcohol Content over 80mgs
Peel police say the man was held for a bail hearing and was scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in the City of Brampton on Saturday.
- Impaired driving call leads police to seize loaded firearm in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Facing Numerous Charges After Police Seize Loaded Firearm
- Mississauga Man Charged with Impaired Driving and Firearm Possession
- A takedown by Peel police tactical unit leads to gun, weapon charges against two men
- Mississauga man and Brampton man facing firearm charges following assault in Brampton
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- Massive $50 million mansion in Mississauga is being used to film Amazon's "The Boys"
- House of the Week: $6.5 mil home with wine cellar and outdoor kitchen
- Still no answer from feds as eight more flights and 67 rows affected by COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- BREAKING: Mississauga and Brampton reporting record high COVID-19 cases today