Man accused of impaired driving with loaded gun in Mississauga: Peel police
Through its Festive Ride Program, Peel police have issued several charges to a Toronto man; including impaired driving and possession of a firearm.
Police say the man was stopped Saturday morning at 1:00 a.m. during a spot check in the area of Dixie and North Service Rd in Mississauga.
After suspecting the driver of impairment a subsequent search led to police allegedly finding a loaded firearm.
The 27-year-old Toronto man is facing the following charges:
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
- Possession of a Loaded Firearm
- Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
- Careless Storage of a Firearm
- Possession of a Weapon for Dangerous Purpose
- Impaired Operation - Blood Alcohol Content over 80mgs
Peel police say the man was held for a bail hearing and was scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in the City of Brampton on Saturday.
- Amazing Aerial Shots of Mississauga From The 70s
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of stolen tractor-trailer smashing into a gas station and vehicles in Mississauga
- Mississauga residents celebrating group lotto win
- Bonus House of the Week: Iconic and Mysterious Castle House in Mississauga
- Huge winning lottery ticket sold in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Facing Numerous Charges After Police Seize Loaded Firearm
- Mississauga Man Charged with Impaired Driving and Firearm Possession
- Police Allegedly Find Loaded Handgun During Traffic Stop in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Charged After Police Seize Loaded Handguns
- Mississauga Man Charged After Police Locate Drugs and Loaded Firearm