Male suffering from gunshot wounds following shooting in Brampton
Officers are on scene for a shooting investigation in downtown Brampton this evening.
The shooting was reported at 6:31 p.m. in the area of George St and Queen St West.
One male victim was found suffering from gunshot wounds.
Police say the male, who is conscious and breathing, is being taken to a trauma centre.
The suspect (or suspects) fled the scene, and police have no suspect description at this time.
More information to come as the investigation continues.
UPDATE: Police say a second victim was located with injuries, and had attended a local hospital on his own.
Main St is currently shut down from Nelson to John, and Queen St is shut down from George to Theatre for the investigation. Residents should avoid the area until further notice.
- Ontario ticket holder wins $70 million Lotto Max jackpot
- Roadway shut down after pedestrian struck by vehicle, seriously injured in Mississauga
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- 49 fines issued for travellers refusing COVID-19 test at Mississauga's Pearson Airport; Peel police won't issue further fines
- House of the Week: $2.2 mil Sheridan home with stunning backyard