Male Pronounced Dead After Drowning in Mississauga
One person is reported dead after a fatal drowning incident.
Police confirmed this afternoon that a 69 year old man was swimming in a residential pool on Delaney Drive, north of Truscott at Southdown Road.
Police say the drowning occurred when the male, who is not a good swimmer, slipped into the deep end of the pool.
The male was unable to be revived and was taken to hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
While Peel Police’s Criminal Investigation Bureau is investigating, police believe this incident was accidental and no foul play is suspected at this time.
- Male Pronounced Dead After Vehicle Rollover Just Outside Mississauga
- Police Find and Identify Body of Mississauga Man Following Suspected Drowning Incident
- One Dead After Being Tasered by Police in Mississauga
- Police Report Possible Drowning in Mississauga
- UPDATE: Male arrested after dead body found in Mississauga has been released
- Police investigating after body found in storage facility in Mississauga
- Take a Left for Some of the Best Restaurants and Cafés in Mississauga
- The Lost Village of Summerville
- Face-coverings now required in common areas of condos and apartment buildings in Mississauga
- A look at one of Mississauga’s best known--and most quaint--neighbourhoods