Male Pronounced Dead After Drowning in Mississauga
One person is reported dead after a fatal drowning incident.
Police confirmed this afternoon that a 69 year old man was swimming in a residential pool on Delaney Drive, north of Truscott at Southdown Road.
Police say the drowning occurred when the male, who is not a good swimmer, slipped into the deep end of the pool.
The male was unable to be revived and was taken to hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
While Peel Police’s Criminal Investigation Bureau is investigating, police believe this incident was accidental and no foul play is suspected at this time.
- Extremely Popular Toronto Food Service Launches in Mississauga
- Here's a Sneak Peek at What the Hurontario LRT Cars Will Look Like in Mississauga
- New Opening: Mazaya Restaurant & Cafe
- Some Residents Outraged Over Housing Development Proposed for Mississauga
- Brand New Development Proposed for Mississauga
- Male Pronounced Dead After Vehicle Rollover Just Outside Mississauga
- UPDATE: 3-Year-Old in Stable Condition After Nearly Drowning in Mississauga
- BREAKING: Paramedics Respond to Drowning Man at Mississauga Community Centre
- Male Arrested After Fatal Hit-and-Run in Mississauga
- Teen Shot by Police in Mississauga Confirmed Dead