Male Pronounced Dead After Drowning in Mississauga
One person is reported dead after a fatal drowning incident.
Police confirmed this afternoon that a 69 year old man was swimming in a residential pool on Delaney Drive, north of Truscott at Southdown Road.
Police say the drowning occurred when the male, who is not a good swimmer, slipped into the deep end of the pool.
The male was unable to be revived and was taken to hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
While Peel Police’s Criminal Investigation Bureau is investigating, police believe this incident was accidental and no foul play is suspected at this time.
- Male Pronounced Dead After Vehicle Rollover Just Outside Mississauga
- Police Find and Identify Body of Mississauga Man Following Suspected Drowning Incident
- Police Report Possible Drowning in Mississauga
- Man Pronounced Dead After Collision at Major Mississauga Intersection
- Police Searching for Male Suspected of Assaulting Children at Mississauga Pool