Male in hospital following shooting in Mississauga
Officers are on scene investigating a shooting in Mississauga this evening.
Police were called at 7:49 p.m. for a report of a gunshot heard in the area of Hurontario St and Queensway.
One male victim suffering from a gunshot wound attended a local hospital, police say.
The victim was able to confirm the location of the shooting.
There is no suspect description at this time. More information to come as the investigation proceeds.
UPDATE: Police say the victim’s injury is non-life-threatening.
- Police search for woman following a Mississauga park assault
- Lane closures in downtown Hamilton after watermain break
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising
- Brampton resident celebrated his big lotto win with champagne
- Major Mississauga roads closed after two-car collision