Male Arrested for Riding on Top of Moving Train in Mississauga
Police have recently arrested a Mississauga man for riding on top of a moving train.
Earlier this month, police say Metrolinx investigators learned of a viral video that was posted on social media in June 2017, depicting a male riding on top of a moving GO train heading westbound along the Lakeshore West train line.
On Monday, September 17, police arrested and charged a 19 year old male from Mississauga under the Railway Safety Act.
As the male was a young person at the time of the incident, police say his identity will not be released.
He is set to appear at court in Brampton at a later date.
Anyone with further information related to this incident may call police at 905-453-2121, ext. 1233.
- LATEST: Ontario and Mississauga COVID-19 numbers as of April 5, 2020
- Two residents fined for using closed skate park in Mississauga
- Ontario to provide financial assistance during school and child care closures amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Ontario reports over 4,000 cases of COVID-19, over 300 cases confirmed in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Mississauga residents make some noise for healthcare workers
- Mississauga Male Arrested Following Attempted Child Abduction Incident in Oakville
- Police on Scene After Vehicle Struck by Train in Mississauga
- SUV Crashes Through Barrier and Hits Moving GO Train in Mississauga
- Police Identify Man Involved in GO Train Collision in Mississauga
- UPDATE: Male Arrested for Sexual Assaults in Mississauga and Brampton