Male Arrested After Fatal Hit-and-Run in Mississauga
One person has been arrested following a collision that took a pedestrian’s life in Mississauga.
The incident happened at 8:40 p.m. on Thursday, February 15. A 61 year old woman named Layla Wilke (pictured above) was struck by a vehicle while she crossing Mavis Road in the area of Knotty Pine Grove. The vehicle then fled.
Wilke was pronounced dead on the scene.
Shortly before 7:00 p.m. on Saturday, Febraury 17, a male accompanied by his lawyer surrendered himself to Peel Police in Brampton.
The vehicle believed to be involved in this incident, a small white car, was also located in Brampton.
The investigation is ongoing. Police thank the public for its assistance.
Photo via Peel Regional Police
- Former Mississauga Mayoral Candidate Charged with Hate-Motivated Crime
- Massive New Food Delivery Service Has Arrived in Mississauga
- Exciting Nuit Blanche-Type Festival Coming to Mississauga For First Time Ever
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Mississauga Candidate Gets into Heated Argument with Voters over Signs
- PHOTOS: Check Out What Mississauga's 80-Storey Building is Going to Look Like
- Police Identify Victim Fatally Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga
- Charges Laid in Fatal Hit-and-Run in Mississauga
- Pedestrian Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga Pronounced Dead, Driver Fled
- Male Pronounced Dead After Vehicle Rollover Just Outside Mississauga
- Male Arrested in Connection to Officer Struck by Vehicle