Male Arrested After Fatal Hit-and-Run in Mississauga
One person has been arrested following a collision that took a pedestrian’s life in Mississauga.
The incident happened at 8:40 p.m. on Thursday, February 15. A 61 year old woman named Layla Wilke (pictured above) was struck by a vehicle while she crossing Mavis Road in the area of Knotty Pine Grove. The vehicle then fled.
Wilke was pronounced dead on the scene.
Shortly before 7:00 p.m. on Saturday, Febraury 17, a male accompanied by his lawyer surrendered himself to Peel Police in Brampton.
The vehicle believed to be involved in this incident, a small white car, was also located in Brampton.
The investigation is ongoing. Police thank the public for its assistance.
Photo via Peel Regional Police
- 5 Treats You Should and Shouldn’t be Giving Out This Halloween
- Two Overnight Shootings in Mississauga
- CLOSURE: Two Pakistani restaurants closed for health violations in Mississauga
- Prices for one and two-bedroom apartments falling slightly in Mississauga
- Paramedics attending highway collision in Mississauga
- Police Identify Victim Fatally Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga
- Charges Laid in Fatal Hit-and-Run in Mississauga
- Pedestrian Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga Pronounced Dead, Driver Fled
- Male Pronounced Dead After Vehicle Rollover Just Outside Mississauga
- Male Arrested in Connection to Officer Struck by Vehicle