Male Arrested After Fatal Hit-and-Run in Mississauga
One person has been arrested following a collision that took a pedestrian’s life in Mississauga.
The incident happened at 8:40 p.m. on Thursday, February 15. A 61 year old woman named Layla Wilke (pictured above) was struck by a vehicle while she crossing Mavis Road in the area of Knotty Pine Grove. The vehicle then fled.
Wilke was pronounced dead on the scene.
Shortly before 7:00 p.m. on Saturday, Febraury 17, a male accompanied by his lawyer surrendered himself to Peel Police in Brampton.
The vehicle believed to be involved in this incident, a small white car, was also located in Brampton.
The investigation is ongoing. Police thank the public for its assistance.
Photo via Peel Regional Police
- Police Identify Victim Fatally Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga
- Charges Laid in Fatal Hit-and-Run in Mississauga
- Pedestrian Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga Pronounced Dead, Driver Fled
- Male Pronounced Dead After Vehicle Rollover Just Outside Mississauga
- Police on Scene Following Pedestrian Being Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga
- Elementary school classes set to be reorganized in Mississauga
- All COVID-19 cases in Mississauga schools for the week of September 14 to 19
- Deceased male located near creek in Mississauga
- BREAKING: Ontario rolls back social gathering limits in response to rising COVID-19 cases
- PHOTOS: A look at the most and least expensive homes that just changed hands in Mississauga