Major Winter Storm On Deck in Mississauga
A major winter storm - with up to 25 cm of snow - is on tap for Mississauga early next week, Environment Canada is warning.
Roughly 15 to 25 cm of snow is being predicted, prompting a special weather statement by the agency Saturday afternoon.
Surrounding areas affected include Toronto, Oakville, Burlington, Brampton, Caledon, Milton and Halton Hills.
“A developing low pressure centre currently over the northwestern United States will track just south of the Great Lakes on Monday and Monday night,” reads the statement.
“Snow is forecast to spread into southwestern Ontario during the day Monday then envelop much of southern Ontario Monday night through Tuesday.”
Blowing snow and high winds could create tricky driving conditions.
Snow is expected to taper off Tuesday night.
- One of the Tallest Buildings in Canada is coming to Mississauga
- Canada's Wonderland is Building Longest, Fastest, Highest Roller-Coaster for 2019
- Former City Council Candidate Files Complaint Against Mississauga Councillor
- Mississauga Woman Celebrating Following Big Lotto Win
- Interesting Summer Weather Forecasted for Mississauga