Major Winter Storm On Deck in Mississauga
A major winter storm - with up to 25 cm of snow - is on tap for Mississauga early next week, Environment Canada is warning.
Roughly 15 to 25 cm of snow is being predicted, prompting a special weather statement by the agency Saturday afternoon.
Surrounding areas affected include Toronto, Oakville, Burlington, Brampton, Caledon, Milton and Halton Hills.
“A developing low pressure centre currently over the northwestern United States will track just south of the Great Lakes on Monday and Monday night,” reads the statement.
“Snow is forecast to spread into southwestern Ontario during the day Monday then envelop much of southern Ontario Monday night through Tuesday.”
Blowing snow and high winds could create tricky driving conditions.
Snow is expected to taper off Tuesday night.
- Mississauga Could Soon Be Home to Amazon’s Second North American Headquarters
- Peel Region PC Candidates Split Over Endorsements in Leadership Race
- What's Open and Closed Family Day in Mississauga
- What Does $300,000 Get You in Mississauga Compared to Other Cities?
- 5 Amazing Places to See the Sunset in Mississauga