Major wind warning in effect for Mississauga
A wind warning in effect for Mississauga.
Damaging winds expected today and tonight.
A strengthening low pressure system is forecast to track across northeastern Ontario today.
This system will bring southerly winds with gusts of 60 to 80 km/h this morning. Winds will then shift to very strong southwesterlies with gusts of 90 to 110 km/h beginning this afternoon.
The strongest wind gusts are expected to be along the shores of eastern lake Erie and eastern lake Ontario. Winds are expected to ease by Monday morning.
Power outages are possible.
Damage to buildings, such as to roof shingles and windows, may occur. High winds may toss loose objects or cause tree branches to break.
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- Here’s what Mississauga residents can and cannot do under grey lockdown restrictions
- Loopholes still allow international travellers to "collect your luggage and leave" at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- BREAKING: Mississauga and Brampton to enter the grey/lockdown zone of the province’s COVID-19 framework
- Sikh, Hindu dispute over Indian politics boils over in Brampton