Major wind warning in effect for Mississauga
A wind warning in effect for Mississauga.
Damaging winds expected today and tonight.
A strengthening low pressure system is forecast to track across northeastern Ontario today.
This system will bring southerly winds with gusts of 60 to 80 km/h this morning. Winds will then shift to very strong southwesterlies with gusts of 90 to 110 km/h beginning this afternoon.
The strongest wind gusts are expected to be along the shores of eastern lake Erie and eastern lake Ontario. Winds are expected to ease by Monday morning.
Power outages are possible.
Damage to buildings, such as to roof shingles and windows, may occur. High winds may toss loose objects or cause tree branches to break.
- Popular cafe closing down for good in Mississauga
- Rental prices falling as the year winds to a close in Mississauga
- Police investigating robbery at gunpoint in Mississauga
- Today’s data shows Peel Region has returned to having the highest new COVID-19 cases in Ontario
- MAYORS CHAT: Bonnie Crombie chats about Mississauga - December 1, 2020