Major Weather Warning in Effect for Mississauga
Ice storm likely today with some power outages likely throughout:
- Halton Hills - Milton
Following yesterday’s bout of ice pellets and some freezing rain, the more significant freezing rain episode is about to commence. Ice pellets are expected to redevelop early this morning but change to freezing rain shortly thereafter. It may fall somewhat heavily and produce an ice buildup of 10 mm. It is expected to taper off or change to showers late this afternoon or by early evening.
Ice accumulations of this magnitude combined with gusty northeast winds of 70 km/h will likely result in power outages due to fallen tree limbs and power lines.
Dangerous winter driving conditions are expected on untreated roads, worsened by fallen tree limbs.
All Schools Closed Today in Mississauga
April 16, 2018
- PHOTOS: New platform and pavilion now open at a Mississauga GO Station
- House of the Week: $3.8 mil Sheridan home luxurious features
- Mississauga grandfather celebrating big lotto win
- All COVID-19 cases in Mississauga schools for the week of September 21 to 26
- New rules regarding children in leash-free zones and smoking in parks are now in effect in Mississauga