Major Weather Warning in Effect for Mississauga
Ice storm likely today with some power outages likely throughout:
- Halton Hills - Milton
Following yesterday’s bout of ice pellets and some freezing rain, the more significant freezing rain episode is about to commence. Ice pellets are expected to redevelop early this morning but change to freezing rain shortly thereafter. It may fall somewhat heavily and produce an ice buildup of 10 mm. It is expected to taper off or change to showers late this afternoon or by early evening.
Ice accumulations of this magnitude combined with gusty northeast winds of 70 km/h will likely result in power outages due to fallen tree limbs and power lines.
Dangerous winter driving conditions are expected on untreated roads, worsened by fallen tree limbs.
All Schools Closed Today in Mississauga
April 16, 2018
- Province issues two new emergency orders to combat rise in hospitalizations in Mississauga and Brampton
- PHOTOS: What the old Tim Hortons building in Mississauga look like now
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- 'No longer considered peaceful': Arrests made following protest in Mississauga and Brampton
- Three hot spot areas in Mississauga have the highest COVID-19 positivity