Major weather warning currently in effect for Mississauga
A snowfall warning is currently in effect today.
Snow, heavy at times, will spread across the region this morning, with total amounts near 15 cm expected by this afternoon, according to a statement from Environment Canada.
“Southeasterly winds gusting to 50 km/h will whip up the freshly fallen snow resulting in very low visibility at times in blowing snow today,” the statement adds.
The snow is expected to transition to showers or wet flurries late this afternoon or early this evening as temperatures edge above the zero degree mark.
Residents are asked to be cautious while travelling, as the rapidly accumulating snow will make travel difficult and may suddenly reduce visibility.
- House of the Week: $3 mil family home with jacuzzi
- What Are Ontario’s Most Affordable Cities?
- Happy 99th birthday, Hazel - Hazel McCallion's photos through the years
- Police searching for sex trafficking offender known to frequent GTA
- Single-home buyers and condo living on the rise; here's what you need to earn in Mississauga