Major Telecom Company Suffers Data Breach
One of Canada's most well-known companies has fallen victim to another data breach just a few months after reporting that an anonymous hacker illegally accessed some of its customers personal information.
Now, it appears more customers’ personal information has been obtained by an unknown third-party.
Bell says fewer than 100,000 customers were affected.
“Hackers illegally accessed some customer information, including name, email address and in some cases phone number, user name and/or account number, for a limited number of Bell customers. There is no indication that any credit card or other banking information was accessed,” Bell said in a statement obtained by inSauga.com.
It is not clear whether or not this current breach is related to the one that occurred last spring.
- Major Telecom Company Hacked
- Major Car Company Reports Data Breach That May Affect Over 1 Million Customers
- BREAKING: Massive Uber Hack Exposed 57 Million Users' Personal Information Last Year
- McDonald's Hack Compromises Thousands of People's Personal Information
- Ontario Resident Files $550 Million Lawsuit Against Equifax Over Security Breach