Major Telecom Company Suffers Data Breach
One of Canada's most well-known companies has fallen victim to another data breach just a few months after reporting that an anonymous hacker illegally accessed some of its customers personal information.
Now, it appears more customers’ personal information has been obtained by an unknown third-party.
Bell says fewer than 100,000 customers were affected.
“Hackers illegally accessed some customer information, including name, email address and in some cases phone number, user name and/or account number, for a limited number of Bell customers. There is no indication that any credit card or other banking information was accessed,” Bell said in a statement obtained by inSauga.com.
It is not clear whether or not this current breach is related to the one that occurred last spring.
- Mississauga Family Needs Help After Brutal Murder of 14-Year-Old Boy
- Federal Government Warning Women Not to Travel to these Vacation Destinations
- Seven Mississauga Residents Charged After Guns and Grenades Seized by Police
- Police Raising Alarm After Shocking Number of Pedestrians Killed in Under 24 Hours
- Multiple Mississauga Schools Affected by Suspicious Incident