Major Snowfall Set to Hit Mississauga Very Soon
It’s time to bundle up — a special weather statement is in effect for Mississauga.
According to Environment Canada, a substantial amount of snow is set to fall on our city tonight, Thursday December 21, 2017.
Five to 10 cm of snow will blanket Mississauga tonight and into Friday, tapering off by Friday morning.
Environment Canada says that some areas could potentially see 10-15 cm on Thursday night.
Drivers should be prepared — you should have your winter tires on by now! — for reduced visibility and poor winter travelling conditions particularly on Thursday evening.
Further, Friday morning rush hour could be pretty brutal, so you’ll want to leave extra early on what’s hopefully your last day of work or school before the holidays. Environment Canada says it might be “slow and messy.”
If you love snow, maybe you can make a snowman. And if you don’t, maybe you can hibernate.
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Major road closed in aftermath of fatal crash in Mississauga
- This Mississauga neighbourhood has one of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
- ‘You don’t want to fall into that three per cent category’: Ontario ICU doctor on battling COVID-19
- Major road closed due to serious crash in Mississauga
- Environment Canada issues snowfall warning for Mississauga