Major snowfall expected this week in southern Ontario


Published February 13, 2024 at 9:15 am

mississauga snow this week in Ontario

Winter is back in southern Ontario.

The brief spring-like, record-breaking temperatures experienced last week appear to be over.

The temperature hit a high of 15.7 C at Pearson Airport in Mississauga on Feb. 9 breaking records.

But the weather has become more seasonable this week with snow in the forecast possibly today (Feb. 13) and more later this week, according to Environment and Climate Change Canada.

There is a 60 per cent chance of flurries today possibly changing to rain showers near noon, according to Environment Canada. In the evening, there is a 40 per cent chance of flurries and a low feeling like -12 C with the wind chill.

Weather forecasters are predicting snow on Thursday (Feb. 15) for much of southern Ontario including Mississauga, Brampton, Burlington, Oakville, Hamilton and Durham Region.

Environment Canada isn’t predicting the amount of snowfall yet but other forecasters have numbers listed.

Around 10 centimetres of snow could fall on Thursday in Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton, according to the Weather Network. Burlington and Oakville could get from five to 10 centimetres.

There is a 40 per cent chance of flurries with a high of zero during the day on Thursday then periods of snow with a low of -6 C in the evening, according to Environment Canada.

weather ontario snow

insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising