Major Retailer Set to Distribute Marijuana in Mississauga and Beyond
We already know that the LCBO will be selling soon-to-be-legalized cannabis out of a series of future standalone CCBO (Cannabis Control Board of Ontario) stores, so it comes as new surprise that another popular retailer is preparing to offer marijuana to consumers through a brand new partnership.
Aphria, a Leamington, Ont.-based producer and supplier of medical cannabis, recently announced that it has entered into an agreement to become Shoppers Drug Mart's medical cannabis supplier.
Under the terms of the agreement, the well-known pharmacy and lifestyle brand will supply Aphria branded medical cannabis products.
Should Health Canada approve of Shoppers' application to be a licensed producer, the products will be sold online—as Canadian regulations currently restrict the sale of medical cannabis in retail pharmacies.
"We have an impeccable record cultivating and producing high-quality, medical-grade cannabis," said Vic Neufeld, CEO of Aphria. "These traits make us a strong partner for an organization looking to serve and support Canadian patients."
So there you have it, you could soon be able to purchase medical marijuana online through Shoppers Drug Mart.
We'll keep you updated on more details as they emerge.
- Major Lifestyle Store Now Selling Cannabis Online
- This Major Drugstore Will Sell Marijuana in Mississauga
- Shoppers Drug Mart Applies to Start Legally Distributing Marijuana
- Majority of Ontario Residents Oppose Government Run Cannabis Stores
- Cannabis stores warn of delivery delays, no same-day shipping and store closure
- The Keg is opening a brand new restaurant in Mississauga
- Long-standing laser tag facility shuts down in Mississauga
- Report of man with knife prompts hold and secure at school in Mississauga
- Peel District schools in Mississauga with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 22
- Public health officials urge Canadians to limit contacts again as COVID-19 cases rise