Major Retailer Set to Distribute Marijuana in Mississauga and Beyond
We already know that the LCBO will be selling soon-to-be-legalized cannabis out of a series of future standalone CCBO (Cannabis Control Board of Ontario) stores, so it comes as new surprise that another popular retailer is preparing to offer marijuana to consumers through a brand new partnership.
Aphria, a Leamington, Ont.-based producer and supplier of medical cannabis, recently announced that it has entered into an agreement to become Shoppers Drug Mart's medical cannabis supplier.
Under the terms of the agreement, the well-known pharmacy and lifestyle brand will supply Aphria branded medical cannabis products.
Should Health Canada approve of Shoppers' application to be a licensed producer, the products will be sold online—as Canadian regulations currently restrict the sale of medical cannabis in retail pharmacies.
"We have an impeccable record cultivating and producing high-quality, medical-grade cannabis," said Vic Neufeld, CEO of Aphria. "These traits make us a strong partner for an organization looking to serve and support Canadian patients."
So there you have it, you could soon be able to purchase medical marijuana online through Shoppers Drug Mart.
We'll keep you updated on more details as they emerge.
- Major Facility Closing and Cutting Jobs in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Woman Seriously Injured After Being Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga
- Highway Closed After Shooting Leaves One Dead in Mississauga
- Roads Closed Following a Mississauga Collision Involving a Pedestrian
- Man Arrested at Pearson Airport in Connection with Long-Standing Fraud