Major Lifestyle Store Now Selling Cannabis Online
Don't want to purchase medicinal cannabis from the Ontario Cannabis Store in Mississauga?
You might be able to order it from Shoppers Drug Mart instead.
Today, Shoppers Drug Mart announced the launch of its online platform for the sale of medical cannabis.
Shoppers says its program marries Canada’s current ecommerce model (brick and mortar cannabis shops will not be operational until April) for medical cannabis with expert medical advice and counsel from healthcare professionals.
“As trusted medication experts, pharmacists have an important role to play in the safe and informed use of medical cannabis. Today’s announcement is a leap forward for those looking for professional oversight and trusted support in this area,” said Jeff Leger, President, Shoppers Drug Mart.
“Medical cannabis, like any prescribed medication, requires the same level of counsel from a healthcare professional. As medical cannabis is increasingly prescribed to Canadians for its therapeutic benefits, our goal is to enhance the service and support that patients receive through this process.”
If you're interested in purchasing cannabis from Shoppers, you can do so by clicking here.
Through the website, you can access a number of products from Canadian licensed producers that will shipped directly and discreetly to your doorstep.
Additionally, Shoppers Drug Mart says it will provide support for customers through its newly created Shoppers Cannabis Care Centre - a virtual team of professionals who can provide counselling and support for patients.
Medical cannabis users should note that under current regulations, pharmacists cannot dispense medical cannabis from a pharmacy.
So, how does it work?
During the initial launch, patients in Ontario can bring their medical document (which is similar to a prescription) to a local Shoppers Drug Mart pharmacy to process the information. Then, specialized advisors from the Shoppers Cannabis Care Centre will contact patients, review their medical history and any contraindications based on current medications, and provide support with online registration and strain selection.
“For people living with chronic health conditions, like arthritis, the advice of a health professional and access to trusted guidance, is invaluable when considering the use of cannabis for medicinal purposes” says Janet Yale, President and CEO of the Arthritis Society.
Shoppers Drug Mart has signed supply and quality agreements with ten licensed producers and will provide products and medical accessories.
- Major Road Closed for Car Fire in Mississauga
- Fire Crews on Scene for Residential Fire in Mississauga
- Family and Police Seeking Answers After University Student Gunned Down in Mississauga
- A Frightening New Scam is Scaring Mississauga Residents into Giving Up Private Information
- Here’s How Much You Need to Make an Hour to Afford an Apartment in Mississauga
- Shoppers Drug Mart Applies to Start Legally Distributing Marijuana
- Major Retailer Set to Distribute Marijuana in Mississauga and Beyond
- This Major Drugstore Will Sell Marijuana in Mississauga
- Shoppers Drug Mart is Now Providing Same-Day Delivery Across Ontario
- This Number Of Canadians Would Take Prescribed Drugs With Cannabis, Report