Major Highway to be Closed All Weekend Long
Do you have plans to drive into Toronto this weekend?
If so, you might want to re-think your plans and either stay in town or choose a different mode of transportation.
The City of Toronto recently reminded residents that the Gardiner Expressway will be closed in both directions for maintenance this weekend.
The closure, which is a generally a semi-annual occurrence, will commence on Friday, Nov. 2 at 11:00 p.m. and last until Monday, Nov. 5 at 5:00 a.m.
The Expressway will be fully closed during this period from the Don Valley Parkway/Carlaw Avenue to Highway 427/Queen Elizabeth Way.
The closure was initially planned for the last weekend of October, but was delayed due to inclement weather.
Residents should also note that a stretch of the 401 will be closed for some of the weekend as well.
Commuters looking to visit TO are encouraged to use alternate routes (such as Lakeshore Blvd.) or take public transit (GO Transit or TTC).
MiWay and the Mississauga Transitway offer connections to the Islington, Kipling and GO Transit stations, so if you have to head to TO, there are other ways to get there.
Alternatively, you could choose some more local activities.
The highway will reopen in time for the Monday morning commute.
- Police called after racism discussions become heated at Peel District School Board meeting
- Canada issues travel advisory warning for India
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Car drives on sidewalk in Mississauga
- Tim Hortons is implementing changes to its Tims Rewards loyalty program
- Five Reasons You Need to Try This Amazing Egyptian Restaurant in Mississauga