Major Grocery Store in Mississauga Closing Down
Bad news, Linda's No Frills shoppers in Port Credit.
The long-standing affordable grocery store is shutting down this December and the news -- though not unexpected -- is coming as a blow to residents who frequent the location to shop.
The news has also, naturally, shaken the store's employees.
According to a poster on the Lakeview and Port Credit Facebook page, the store will close its doors for good on December 24.
Insauga.com reached out to No Frills for comment and were told that although representatives cannot confirm exactly what day the store will close, they could indeed confirm that the 99 Lakeshore Rd. E. location will be closing December 2016.
The news, though surprising to some, hasn't exactly come out of nowhere.
Back in 2012, the city gave development company Centre City Capital Inc. the green light to move forward on a development in the area. The proposed development (and keep in mind, this was about four years ago now, so it is possible the plans have changed in terms of size and style) involves a four-storey building with commercial and office space and a 10-storey condo.
We reached out to Centre City Capital for comment and were told that the development is indeed moving forward, but representatives could not immediately confirm whether imminent construction is indeed prompting the upcoming No Frills closure.
Stay tuned to insauga.com for more details on the store closure and the new development that might take its place.
- Police Identify Second Suspect Wanted in “Vicious” Attack on Autistic Man in Mississauga
- One Dead After Being Struck by Train at Clarkson GO
- Police on Scene for Suspicious Package in Mississauga
- Ontario NDP Promises Free Dental Care If They Win Election
- Here’s How Mississauga is Getting Rid of Horrifying Insects
- New Port Credit Development in Mississauga Could Include Grocery Store
- Port Credit No Frills Shoppers May Be Able to Access Shuttle Service to Nearby Discount Grocer in Mississauga
- Has Walmart Pulled Out From The Development By Port Credit?
- Mississauga Councillor to Meet Walmart CEO Regarding New Store by Port Credit
- What's Happening with the Lakeview Walmart in Mississauga?