Major Go Transit Track Closure Coming
If you're a Go Train commuter, be aware that a major track closure could affect your travel routine.
Starting today (Aug. 10), many weekday trains departing from Union Station will use different platforms, according to Metrolinx.
The change is due to the Union Station Revitalization Project, a project that involves refurbishing the steel train shed structure and installing a new roof. The organization will be closing platforms 11 to 13 and the tracks that serve them, meaning they will "have to find different locations for [their] trains to line up in the station."
Metrolinx recently released new schedules that you can see here. If you scroll down, you'll see the platforms and times related to the Lakeshore West schedule.
The project could take up to two years to complete.
- Lakeshore West GO Train Service Will be Temporarily Reduced in Mississauga
- Construction Begins on a Major GO Station Redevelopment Project in Mississauga
- Here’s How People Feel About Major Union Station West Transit Hub Coming to Mississauga
- Lakeshore West GO Train Delayed Due To Fatality Near Port Credit
- Changes coming to GO Train lines that run through Mississauga
- Popular cafe closing down for good in Mississauga
- Rental prices falling as the year winds to a close in Mississauga
- MAYORS CHAT: Bonnie Crombie chats about Mississauga - December 1, 2020
- Today’s data shows Peel Region has returned to having the highest new COVID-19 cases in Ontario
- Almost all illegal guns coming into Mississauga and Brampton are from the U.S.