Major Go Transit Track Closure Coming
If you're a Go Train commuter, be aware that a major track closure could affect your travel routine.
Starting today (Aug. 10), many weekday trains departing from Union Station will use different platforms, according to Metrolinx.
The change is due to the Union Station Revitalization Project, a project that involves refurbishing the steel train shed structure and installing a new roof. The organization will be closing platforms 11 to 13 and the tracks that serve them, meaning they will "have to find different locations for [their] trains to line up in the station."
Metrolinx recently released new schedules that you can see here. If you scroll down, you'll see the platforms and times related to the Lakeshore West schedule.
The project could take up to two years to complete.
- Will Brampton and Mississauga Become One City?
- Major International Retailer Files for Bankruptcy in Canada
- Brand New Grocery Store Opening in Mississauga
- Peel Police Officer Suspended After Fight With Fellow Officer in Mississauga
- This New Restaurant in Mississauga May Just be the Next Italian Hot Spot
- Construction Begins on a Major GO Station Redevelopment Project in Mississauga
- Here’s How People Feel About Major Union Station West Transit Hub Coming to Mississauga
- Major Disruptions Coming to GO Train Service in Mississauga
- Something New is Being Installed at this Mississauga GO Station
- Major Changes Are Coming to a Go Station in Mississauga