Major Go Transit Track Closure Coming
If you're a Go Train commuter, be aware that a major track closure could affect your travel routine.
Starting today (Aug. 10), many weekday trains departing from Union Station will use different platforms, according to Metrolinx.
The change is due to the Union Station Revitalization Project, a project that involves refurbishing the steel train shed structure and installing a new roof. The organization will be closing platforms 11 to 13 and the tracks that serve them, meaning they will "have to find different locations for [their] trains to line up in the station."
Metrolinx recently released new schedules that you can see here. If you scroll down, you'll see the platforms and times related to the Lakeshore West schedule.
The project could take up to two years to complete.
- Lakeshore West GO Train Service Will be Temporarily Reduced in Mississauga
- Construction Begins on a Major GO Station Redevelopment Project in Mississauga
- Here’s How People Feel About Major Union Station West Transit Hub Coming to Mississauga
- Lakeshore West GO Train Delayed Due To Fatality Near Port Credit
- Major Disruptions Coming to GO Train Service in Mississauga
- Film and television studio opening third location in Mississauga
- Police investigating reports of man trying to enter occupied cars in Mississauga
- Mississauga father celebrating big lotto win
- These restaurant patios are now open in Mississauga
- A weather statement is currently in effect for Mississauga