Major Food, Music, Comedy and Entertainment Festival Coming to Celebration Square in Mississauga
Summertime is festival time and Mississauga boasts more than its fair share of events that feature everything from music to food to entertainment.
Some events even feature all three—including a big one that's about to takeover Celebration Square this weekend.
The ninth annual BollywoodMonster Mashup is set to take place on July 18, 19 and 20 and will feature comedy shows, free concerts by international Bollywood artists, dance performances, a Kidzone, Bollywood dance lessons, food, shopping and more.
The three-day party, presented byMonstrARTity and TD Group, is actually the largest South Asian festival in Canada.
The family-friendly festival, which will kick off with a launch party and comedy show in the C Banquets space in the Civic Centre on July 18, is free to attend.
The rest of the festivities will take place at Celebration Square on 19th and 20th.
The festival also includes free Bollywood dance lessons, various activities for kids at the KidZone and entertainment.
As far as performances go, this year’s headliners are:
- Yasser Desai, singer of the popular Bollywood song “Pallo Latke,” and winner of the Zee Cine Awards 2019 for the Best Playback Singer - Male for the super hit song “Naino Ne Baandhi” from the movie “Gold”.
- Nikhita Gandhi, singer of the superhit song “Qaafirana” with Arijit Singh and voice of Deepika Padukone for the title track of the film “Raabta,” winner of the Zee Cine Awards 2018 for the Best Playback Singer - Female.
Those who are excited to eat will get to purchase food from a variety of vendors, including Twistie Taters, White Gold Sweets, The Host, Hurry Curry, Watan Kabob, Himalayan Momo and more.
Other vendors slated to appear at the festival include Canadian Inventory Toys, Priti Fashion, Bath Fitter, Metrolinx, Falcon Fashion, Elegant Fashion and more.
Parking is free.
For more information, click here.
Cover photo courtesy of BollywoodMonster Mashup's official Facebook page
- Syrian refugee family makes new life--and opens new business--in Mississauga
- Unpopular Opinion: 'Free speech' is not a thing and good riddance to 'Grapes'
- Former Mississauga mayor Hazel McCallion set to support pro-Don Cherry Rally
- 40 YEARS LATER: Canada’s Biggest Evacuation in History Happened in Mississauga
- CLOSURE: Fried chicken restaurant closed for health violations in Mississauga
- Huge Two-Day Festival Coming to Celebration Square in Mississauga
- Here’s How Many Trendy Food Vendors Will Be at Japan Festival Canada in Mississauga
- Largest South Asian Festival in Canada Returns to Peel Region This Summer
- Huge Food and Entertainment Festival Coming to Mississauga Soon
- Here's What's Happening at Celebration Square This Summer