Major Festival Coming to Celebration Square
It’s finally feeling like summer in Mississauga, and with summer comes a ton of awesome events at Celebration Square!
And this Victoria Day long weekend brings Celebration Square’s official kick-off to summer festivities.
Mississauga Celebration Square’s (MCS) Pep Rally is happening on Monday May 21, 2018, from noon to 4 p.m., and it’s all dinosaur themed.
The Pep Rally is completely free to attend, all you have to do is drop by Celebration Square on Monday - and it’s all family friendly fun.
What’s happening at the event?
First, you can expect a massive dinosaur! That’s right, a life-sized dinosaur named Russel T. Wrecks and it’ll be celebrating the beginning of summer at the Square that day, alongside a dino petting zoo.
The MCS Robot is also slated to be at the Square for the festivities.
MCS has also announced that there will be a massive, 25-ft prehistoric rock climbing wall for attendees to scale, and Dino Excavation Pits to dig through.
Of course, there will also be music! DJ Andre 905 will be spinning at the event’s confetti dance party, so be sure to put on your dancing shoes.
Food trucks will also be onsite throughout the afternoon!
For the little ones, kids of all ages can enjoy story time with Dot from CBC Kids at the event, too.
The Square’s splash pad will be open for the day for you to cool off.
There won’t be any fireworks happening at Celebration Square for Victoria Day this year, but if you’re doing them from home, be sure to follow these tips from the City.
- Drugs found at kids playland as 19 from Brampton busted as international trafficking ring smashed, police release all names
- House of the week: Spectacular $4.3 mil Lorne Park home with wine cellar
- Fido and Rogers report Canada-wide service disruptions
- Police on scene in Brampton after man found with serious injuries, sources say gunplay suspected
- Here's where the new Automated Speed Enforcement cameras are in Mississauga