Major Fast Food Chain Launching Specialty Burger
Eating junk or looking to satisfy drunken food cravings at 3 a.m. might be a daunting task for anyone.
But especially vegetarians.
Well, A&W has finally paid attention and is bringing a plant-based burger to its menu via a new partnership with Beyond Meat. (That’s the Cali-based company with investors such as Bill Gates and Leonardo DiCaprio).
Starting July 9, herbivores and vegans can flock to A&W to dig into the Beyond Meat Burger, which will be available at all locations in Canada.
“We are a burger loving company with a lot of firsts, but this is the fastest new-product launch in our history,” explains Susan Senecal, A&W Canada’s President and Chief Executive Officer. “When we tried the Beyond Meat Burger we were amazed with how great it tasted and knew we had to be the first national burger chain to bring it to Canadians across the country.”
While across the globe veggie burgers at chain restaurants are common, this is the first plant-baseed burger to come to a huge chain in Canada, so it's got to taste delicious.
You can expect the classics inside: lettuce, tomato, red onion, pickles, ketchup, mustard and mayo.
The only thing that's different is the patty, which is quite healthy and packed with protein. Peas and mung beans have been used to create a protein-rich recipe for the patty.
Will you be heading out to try it?
- Burger King offering plant-based sandwich across Canada
- Do You Want To See The New McDonald's Plant Based Burger Come To Mississauga?
- Popular fast-food chain unveiling new, plant-based menu item
- Tim Horton's Launches New Beyond Meat Burgers in Mississauga
- A Very Interesting Burger is Back in Mississauga
- BRAMPTON'S MOST WANTED: Peel Police hunt four men on the run
- Costco scam targeting residents in Mississauga and Brampton
- Another 7 flights with 38 rows affected land with COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Mississauga's 5 ugliest buildings
- Motorcyclist hospitalized after colliding with vehicle in Mississauga