Major Disruptions Coming to GO Train Service in Mississauga
If you regularly use the GO Train in Mississauga, there are some upcoming service disruptions that you might want to take note of.
Metrolinx recently announced that major infrastructure upgrades will impact weekend train service this fall.
“Metrolinx is committed to getting people moving better, faster and easier. In order to do so and ensure safety, some critical infrastructure upgrades are needed, which will impact service and travel along the Lakeshore West, Lakeshore East, and Barrie GO lines, as well as UP Express during several weekends this fall,” Metrolinx wrote in a news release.
This coming weekend (Sept 8-9), service on the Lakeshore East and Lakeshore West lines will operate hourly.
Commuters should also note that Lakeshore West GO trains will not serve stations west of Long Branch GO Station.
Commuters travelling to and from Exhibition will have to transfer trains at Union Station.
Riders who regularly use Mimico GO Station are encouraged to use Long Branch GO or the TTC as an alternative. Travel times for both lines are expected to run 10-15 minutes longer.
That same weekend, UP Express will operate every half hour. Customers should plan ahead as travel times will be increased by as much as 15 minutes.
“By reducing service on the weekend when there are fewer customers, we will get this work done faster, more safely and more efficiently.
To learn more about service changes, click here.
- Drivers charged after four tow trucks involved in street racing in Milton: Police
- $1 million lotto prize was won by a lottery player in Ontario
- Police searching for suspects after church vandalized in Mississauga
- What's Open and Closed Civic Holiday Monday in Mississauga
- Cheese, ranch seasoning, mangoes and more recalled from stores in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario