Major Discount Brand Expanding and Finally Accepting Credit Cards
We live in a world where cash is no longer king and most people prefer to whip out some type of plastic card to complete a purchase.
Now, people who want to use their Mastercard or Visa at popular discount brand Dollarama are in luck, as the company recently announced that it's pursuing ambitious expansion plans and moving to finally accept credit cards at every Canadian location.
The move isn't terribly surprising when you consider the fact that the company has been enjoying better than anticipated sales growth. Also, Dollarama recently announced that its decision was spurred on by 2016 census household income data, the competitive retail landscape across Canada, performance of comparable stores and more.
Now, the company is planning to open 1,700 new stores—up from its original target of 1,400—over the next eight to 10 years.
The brand also plans to start accepting credit cards in all stores across Canada in 2018. While this move will be new to shoppers in Brampton and surrounding cities, Dollarama actually launched a credit card pilot program in early 2016 and has been accepting credit payments in B.C., New Brunswick and Alberta.
The store currently operates multiple locations in Brampton, so this news will no doubt please shoppers looking for a little extra convenience.
- Update from the Peel District School Board regarding COVID-19
- Pusateri’s responds after being called out for price gouging by Doug Ford
- Close to 1,000 cases of COVID-19 recorded in Ontario, with 41 new cases found in Peel
- Doug Ford discusses help for businesses and urges residents not to go to cottages during COVID-19 outbreak
- Indigo lays off 5,200 employees, stores closed indefinitely