Major Discount Brand Expanding and Finally Accepting Credit Cards
We live in a world where cash is no longer king and most people prefer to whip out some type of plastic card to complete a purchase.
Now, people who want to use their Mastercard or Visa at popular discount brand Dollarama are in luck, as the company recently announced that it's pursuing ambitious expansion plans and moving to finally accept credit cards at every Canadian location.
The move isn't terribly surprising when you consider the fact that the company has been enjoying better than anticipated sales growth. Also, Dollarama recently announced that its decision was spurred on by 2016 census household income data, the competitive retail landscape across Canada, performance of comparable stores and more.
Now, the company is planning to open 1,700 new stores—up from its original target of 1,400—over the next eight to 10 years.
The brand also plans to start accepting credit cards in all stores across Canada in 2018. While this move will be new to shoppers in Brampton and surrounding cities, Dollarama actually launched a credit card pilot program in early 2016 and has been accepting credit payments in B.C., New Brunswick and Alberta.
The store currently operates multiple locations in Brampton, so this news will no doubt please shoppers looking for a little extra convenience.
- PHOTOS: Multiple Vehicles Collision in Mississauga Plaza
- Square One Introducing Special Pass for Certain Shoppers in Mississauga
- Should This New McDonald’s Initiative Come to Mississauga?
- Here’s a Look at All the Movies and TV Shows That Were Recently Shot in Mississauga
- Pedestrian Seriously Injured After Being Hit by Vehicle in Mississauga
- Walmart to Stop Accepting Visa Cards in Canadian Stores
- Some Credit Card Users Might Have to Start Paying Extra Fees
- Walmart’s in Mississauga Won’t Be Accepting Visa Very Soon
- Dollarama Announces the Launch of Its New Online Store
- Unique International Discount Store Opening Brand New Location in Square One in Mississauga