Major Crash Closes Part of 403 in Mississauga
If you normally take the 403 in Mississauga, you might want to find an alternate route.
OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt recently took to Twitter to announce that officers are responding to a crash on the eastbound 403, right at Mavis Rd.
The OPP says the on ramp from Mavis is currently closed.
Peel Paramedics say they have transported one patient without vital signs from the collision.
Paramedics say the crash involved two trucks.
"We had reports of a vehicle traveling the wrong way, we don't know if that's connected at this point," says Schmidt.
"But right now I can tell you that they are shutting down the highway. We have our collision reconstruction team on their way. It does look like a pretty serious crash."
Schmidt says he expects closures to take effect between Mavis and Hurontario.
Updates to follow.
- VIDEO: One Dead After Crash Closes Part of 403 in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Vehicle Travelling Wrong Way Involved in Fatal Crash in Mississauga
- Male Critically Injured in Highway Collision in Mississauga
- UPDATE: One Person Dead Following Serious Multi-Vehicle Highway Crash in Mississauga
- Motorcyclist without vital signs after highway crash in Mississauga
- Mississauga grandfather celebrating big lotto win
- Province places new restrictions on bars and restaurants, closes all strip clubs
- Two Mississauga men enjoying big lotto wins
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of jewelry store robbery in Mississauga
- Peel District schools in Mississauga with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 24