Major Construction Project Worth Over $30 Million Coming to Mississauga
Some Mississauga residents and commuters might be happy to hear that the city is about to get a little roadway TLC.
Yesterday, we found out that Mississauga is set to receive a huge influx of funding to support various infrastructure projects over the next 10 years. Now, it looks like a local interchange is getting specific attention
Sven Spengemann, MP for Mississauga-Lakeshore, appeared on behalf of the federal and provincial government at Lakeview Golf Club to announce joint funding for the Queen Elizabeth Way (QEW)-Dixie Road interchange project.
The Government of Canada says it is contributing up to $32.5 million to this project through the Provincial and Territorial Infrastructure Component-National and Regional Projects of the New Building Canada Fund.
The Government of Ontario will pay the remaining costs.
So, what does the project entail?
According to the government, the project will increase commuter safety by reconfiguring the QEW-Dixie Road interchange. Residents can expect the replacement of the Dixie Road Bridge, the Ogden Road Bridge and the Etobicoke Creek bridges, as well as ramp and pavement rehabilitation from east of Cawthra Road to the QEW/Gardiner Expressway boundary.
“The Queen Elizabeth Way-Dixie Road interchange rehabilitation project will support the growing community’s transportation needs, reducing travel times and allowing commuters to spend more time with their families,” says Spengemann.
“It’s thanks to projects like these that we will build 21st-century communities and ensure a high quality of life for generations to come.”
The federal government plans to invest more than $180 billion over 12 years in public transit projects, green infrastructure, social infrastructure, trade and transportation routes, and Canada’s rural and northern communities.
Ontario is investing more than $2.5 billion to repair and expand highways and bridges across the province in 2017/18, creating or sustaining approximately 17,500 jobs.
- Mississauga Uber Driver Arrested After Two Sexual Assault Incidents
- 5 “Haunted” Conspiracy Theories That Exist In Mississauga
- UPDATE on CLOSURE: Popular Japanese/Korean Restaurant in Mississauga Closed for Health Violations
- Top 5 Under the Radar Fish & Chip Joints in Mississauga
- Police Chasing Rogue Swan in Mississauga
- A Massive Construction Project Will Affect One of Mississauga’s Most Popular Malls
- Mississauga Set to Receive Huge Influx of Money to Fund Certain Projects
- Federal Government Doles Out Cash for GO Transit and 51 Projects in Mississauga
- Feds Funding Three Border Infrastructure Projects
- Big Changes Planned for These Highways in Mississauga