Major company selects Mississauga as its North American headquarters
The City of Mississauga recently announced that a pharmaceutical company that will employ more than 400 people is coming to Mississauga.
The city says that Bora Pharmaceuticals, an international contract development and manufacturing organization, has selected Mississauga as the location for its first manufacturing facility and corporate headquarters in North America.
"Through its acquisition of GSK's Mississauga facility, which is now complete, the company has taken a major step forward with its expansion into North America," the city said in a news release.
According to the city, Bora Pharmaceuticals will employ approximately 400 skilled manufacturing employees from their Mississauga site, with plans to recruit additional employees for its technical and operations team.
"By choosing Mississauga for its flagship North American facility, Bora Pharmaceuticals has reinforced what so many other notable companies already know - that the life sciences sector is thriving in our city and it's the perfect location to call home," said Mayor Bonnie Crombie in a statement.
"As the second-largest life sciences sector in Canada, the talent pool of scientists, experts and engineers in Mississauga is driving technologies and innovations used worldwide. I'm thrilled to welcome Bora Pharmaceuticals to this illustrious group."
From its new Mississauga facility, Bora Pharmaceuticals is positioned to produce 50 different products for 100 markets worldwide.
"This expansion into North America brings us closer to many of our customers and adds the capabilities to welcome new ones onboard," said Bobby Sheng, CEO of Bora Pharmaceuticals, in a statement.
"The Mississauga site strengthens our existing state-of-the-art manufacturing network, whilst adding a number of talented colleagues that will help us develop further in the region."
Mississauga is a leading location for life sciences companies that employ over 100 employees. Today, Mississauga's life sciences businesses account for $2.7B of the city's real GDP.
- Major Company Set to Invest Millions of Dollars in Mississauga
- Mississauga Named Top Mid-Sized City Of The Future In North And South America
- Mississauga Set to Make Joint Bid for Amazon's Second North American Headquarters
- Major company setting up massive facility in Mississauga
- Mississauga Could be Home to Amazon's Second North American Headquarters
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- Mississauga and Brampton rolling out mobile vaccine clinics targeting essential workers
- House of the Week: $6.5 mil home with wine cellar and outdoor kitchen
- Still no answer from feds as eight more flights and 67 rows affected by COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Massive $50 million mansion in Mississauga is being used to film Amazon's "The Boys"