Maintenance work will close Hamilton recreation centre for 4 months
Published August 18, 2022 at 10:17 am
Hamilton’s Central Memorial Recreation Centre will close on Aug. 22 for scheduled maintenance and parking lot resurfacing.
To minimize disruptions in service and programming, the city says all required work will be completed at one-time.
The scope of work includes:
- Deep cleaning and grouting of the pool
- Grouting of the men’s shower area
- Stripping and refinishing of the gym floor
- Scraping and painting of the beams over the pool
- Painting bench legs in change rooms
- Painting the craft room wall
- Parking lot resurfacing
- Upgrades to the fire alarm system
- Elevator modernization (replacement of equipment, accessibility upgrades and interior cab finishes)
During the closure, residents are encouraged to participate in programs relocated to nearby facilities, including Norman Pinky Lewis Recreation Complex and Bernie Morelli Recreation Centre.
“This work is part of a robust preventative maintenance program,” says the city. “Building condition assessments are performed every five to seven years to determine when maintenance or larger capital replacement work is required.
Maintenance at Central Memorial Recreation Centre, located near the mountain access off Victoria Ave, is expected to be completed by mid-December.insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising