Main Street from Queen Street South to Church Street Reopens August 30
Main Street from Queen Street South to Church Street will reopen today following the completion of the first phase of the "Streetsville Village Square" redevelopment project. This phase included reducing and realigning overhead electrical wires.
Phase II of "Streetsville Village Square" redevelopment has been rescheduled to spring 2014 following a re-tender of the work this fall to ensure the project is completed within the allocated budget.
The federal government has committed $990,000 toward redeveloping Streetsville Village Square (Streetsville Main Street Square) through its Community Infrastructure Improvement Fund (CIIF).
Streetsville Village Square redevelopment will create an outdoor space and urban destination that also complements the community's heritage and village history. According to design plans, the cenotaph will be centred in the new square and include energy efficient light and sound systems and accessible features to create a community focal point for local festivals, events and celebrations.
The public square is the place that connects residents and community through arts, culture and heritage. Redeveloping Streetsville Village Square is an opportunity to improve the quality and function of this outdoor space and, with this investment, transform it into a vibrant place and main public gathering space.
Community engagement began in September 2012 and ideas gathered during the public engagement meetings have been incorporated into its design.
For more information including background and updates about Streetsville Village Square (Streetsville Main Street Square) and other City redevelopment projects, go to the "Building Our Future Mississauga" webpage at www.mississauga.ca/buildingourfuture.
- Man and Woman Wanted After Five People Struck by Vehicle Outside Bar in Mississauga
- American Pizza Restaurant Opening Second Canadian Location in Square One in Mississauga
- Mississauga-Based Restaurant Planning Enormous Expansion
- A Total Lunar Eclipse is Happening in Mississauga Soon
- Police Investigating Threat Against Hospital in Mississauga
- Streetsville Square Road Will Be Closed Weekends This Summer For Events
- PHOTOS: Holiday Street Market & Light Up the Square at Celebration Square
- What Streetsville Looked Like Back in the Day
- Christmas Market Coming to Mississauga at the Expense of the Santa Claus Parade
- Sauga Street Style - Streetsville