Magazine Names Mississauga One of Canada’s Best Locations
You might already know that Mississauga is a great place to live (and work), but now a major magazine agrees with you.
The City of Mississauga's Economic Development Office has been named one of 10 local and regional groups representing Canada's Best Locations by Site Selection magazine.
In layman's terms, the city has been selected as a great place to do business in.
Site Selection magazine is the official publication of the Industrial Asset Management Council.
The magazine, published six times annually, delivers to over 45,000 executives responsible for site selection and facility planning decisions worldwide.
The city says rankings are based on project data, regional partnership, proactive and innovative programming, quality data and web tools and resources.
"This recognition is proof that Mississauga's economy is thriving and that our ongoing efforts to market our City and attract new business are resulting in significant investment and job creation," said Mississauga Mayor Bonnie Crombie.
"Mississauga is a city where world-class businesses choose to invest, expand, compete and achieve success. Mississauga is open for business!"
The results are based on April 2017 to March 2018 corporate end-user facility investment and job creation data and the magazine’s own research.
The selection process criteria include:
- The number of new facilities and expansions per capita
- Project capital investment per capita
- Job creation per capita
- Subjective analyses of website resources, programming and outreach efforts
"Mississauga is honored to receive this recognition. It is a testament to our strong, diverse business community," said Bonnie Brown, Director, Economic Development. "Our efforts, along with investments in infrastructure and transit, are helping attract more businesses to Mississauga - where the future is unlimited."
Cover photo courtesy of @idris.yyz
- Mississauga named one of the top 20 best locations in Canada
- Mississauga Receives Major Accolades From International Magazine
- Mississauga Named Top Mid-Sized City Of The Future In North And South America
- Mississauga Named City of the Future
- National magazine lists Brampton as one of top places to live in Canada
- Mississauga, Brampton students likely to finish school year via remote learning
- BRAMPTON'S MOST WANTED: Peel Police hunt four men on the run
- Ontario doctors urging Province extend lockdown set to expire in late May
- Cyclist taken to hospital after being hit by car in Brampton
- Cake purchased at Farm Boy in Hamilton, Burlington or Oakville faces recall