Macron unveils new Forge FC Hamilton 'Community' kits for 2021 season
Forge FC will kick off the 2021 Canadian Premier League (CPL) season with new threads.
Macron unveiled new “Community” kits for all eight clubs on Monday (June 7) ahead of the June 26 season opener in Winnipeg.
The two-time defending champs from Hamilton will once again sport orange home shirts.
“Staying true to Forge FC's Spark orange and grey colour scheme that fans have grown to love,” stated the CPL and Macron in a joint announcement. “Like the sparks from the hammer, a dragon’s fire represents the energy that sparks Hamilton’s creative force, ambition and hard work to push the community forward, and is the inspiration for Forge's jersey.”
A fiery dragon is embossed on the front and back of the jersey with “Forge FC” printed below the player number.
The 2020 Champions will again be sporting the Gold Champion Patch and kit sponsor Tim Hortons logo this season.
Atletico Ottawa, HFX Wanderers FC, York United FC, Valour FC, FC Edmonton, Cavalry FC and Pacific FC introduced new kits, as well.
“We Are Many, We Are One” is printed on the back collar of all eight shirts while "For Canadians, By Canadians" can be found on the inside neck.
Clubs will also continue to wear their 2020 kits in 2021 in addition to the newly unveiled Community editions.
The CPL announced over the weekend that Winnipeg, Manitoba would be the single-city location for the start of the 2021 season.
The season will begin with each club playing eight matches (32 games total).
"The level of support from the Province of Manitoba and the City of Winnipeg who have been at the forefront of all our planning has been tremendous and focused on delivering the season with safety for all a top priority," said Canadian Premier League Commissioner, David Clanachan.
"Everyone has come together to make this happen. We know what it takes, we have the playbook, and we know how to execute flawlessly as we did in 2020. We are planning to return to our home markets to play matches in front of fans following the single-city portion of the schedule."
The CPL and the Province of Manitoba have been working to finalize the details on the 29-day single-city format, "The Kickoff Presented By Volkswagen", which will abide by all mandated public health protocols and measures.
The Kickoff Weekend gets started at 2:00 p.m. on June 26 with FC Edmonton vs Atletico Ottawa followed by Pacific FC vs HFX Wanderers FC at 5:00 p.m.
The doubleheader matches continue June 27 with Forge FC vs Valour FC at 2:00 p.m. followed by Cavalry FC vs York United FC at 5:00 p.m. at IG Field, the home of Valour FC.
- Canadian Premier League delays kickoff of third season due to pandemic
- CPL Golden Glove winner Triston Henry returns to Forge FC Hamilton for 2021
- Forge FC Hamilton thrown a bone; match against Toronto FC will be played at Tim Hortons Field
- Hamilton's Grey Cup weekend gets moved as CFL revises 2021 schedule
- Former Canadian captain Jakovic signs with Forge FC Hamilton
- Thirteen tickets won a massive lottery prize in Ontario but no jackpot
- VIDEO: Fire destroys Mississauga Road mansion
- Ontario ticket holder wins Saturday’s $9.4 million Lotto 649 jackpot
- UPDATE: Brampton teen drowns in Halton Hills area
- Canada paid a premium to get doses from Pfizer earlier than planned