Lost footage of what Square One looked like in 1991 found
It’s not always easy to find good video footage dating back to the early 90’s, but some recently found footage gives us a surpisingly good look at what Mississauga’s Square One used to look like back in the day.
All the way back in 2007, user tiffanysl on Youtube posted two videos showing the inside of Ontario’s largest shopping centre in 1991.
The footage, reportedly filmed on the afternoon of Christmas Eve (December 24, 1991) shows the old Square One clock and some old stores you may remember from way back when.
Check out both videos below (you may need to click to watch them on Youtube directly):
Square One has a long and unique history. Some fun trivia: While Square One is the largest shopping centre in the province, it was also the largest in all of Canada when it first opened in 1973 (before West Edmonton Mall in Alberta stole that position eight years later in 1981).
What do you miss most about the old Square One?
Photo and videos courtesy of tiffanysl on Youtube
- Mississauga man murdered at Wasaga Beach, Brampton man one of two charged
- Brampton reveals photo radar locations
- VIDEO: Aftermath of multi-vehicle crash involving Mississauga Transit bus sends four to hospital
- Oakville driver stabbed in face, Mississauga man now charged
- Doner kebab chain opens Mississauga location