Longo's now requires shoppers to wear masks
If you regularly shop at Longo’s, you will have to don a mask while perusing the store for the time being.
On May 1, the popular grocery store chain—which operates over 30 locations across the GTHA—announced that starting May 4, all shoppers will be required to wear masks.
As much as we want to see your smiles, as of May 4th we require Guests to wear a face mask or covering while in store. Please help do your part in keeping the community safe.— Longo's (@LongosMarkets) May 1, 2020
For a list of our updates, go to https://t.co/t36Ohs1wLb pic.twitter.com/It8ghZekRX
“As much as we want to see your smiles, as of May 4th we require guests to wear a face mask or covering while in store. Please help do your part in keeping the community safe,” the store wrote on Twitter.
The brand also announced the new policy on its website.
“Guests are required to wear a mask or face covering while in the store. Please bring one with you to keep everyone safe,” the website reads, adding that shoppers who need a mask can ask a staff member for assistance at the store’s entrance.
All store employees are already required to wear face coverings and/or shields.
This move comes shortly after the brand announced that shoppers will be required to complete a wellness screening, including contactless temperature check, before entering select stores.
On its website, Longo’s says that the new mask requirement does not apply to children under the age of 2.
Masks are available for purchase in-store.
“If you are not able to wear a mask or face covering, please speak with a manager so we can accommodate you,” the website says.
- Many Canadians confused about how to safely wear masks and face coverings: survey
- Transportation sector employees will be required to wear face masks
- Employee at Longo’s grocery store in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- New measures will require all passengers to wear face masks during air travel
- PICK A SIDE: Should businesses be able to require customers to wear masks
- Mississauga teacher enjoying big lotto win
- PHOTOS: Swans rescued following oil spill at Credit River in Mississauga
- VIDEO: Authorities cleaning up oil spill in the Credit River in Mississauga
- Canadian companies that have filed for creditor protection since COVID-19 pandemic
- A new and terrifying scam can steal your phone number and clear your bank accounts in Mississauga