CLOSURE: Popular Mississauga restaurant closing permanently due to lockdown
It’s a sad day for fans of this beloved Streetsville restaurant in Mississauga.
Mondello Ristorante, an Italian eatery that’s been around for over a decade, announced that it’s closing its doors permanently due to the new lockdown restrictions.
“We have made the difficult decision to permanently close our doors after 13 years of serving our community of Streetsville,” the Mondello team said in a recent statement.
“The recent lockdown measures imposed by the government have dealt the final blow to an already difficult period for us.”
Mondello Ristorante will officially close on Sunday, April 11.
Takeout will be available on the following dates, giving residents a final opportunity to enjoy Mondello’s Italian cuisine before it closes forever:
Saturday, April 3: 5pm - 8pm
Thursday, April 8 - Sunday, April 11: 5pm - 8pm
“We would like to take this time to thank all our suppliers, alumni staff, present staff, family, friends and of course all our loyal customers over the years. It's been a great run and we hope you all stay safe.”
The province-wide lockdown went into effect on April 3, prohibiting indoor and outdoor dining at restaurants, among other restrictions.
Are you disappointed to see Mondello go?
- One of the best pho places in Mississauga is closing permanently
- Long-standing Mississauga steakhouse permanently closing
- Mississauga mayor believes province-wide lockdown necessary to reduce hospitalizations
- Cineplex closing theatres until April
- Sources indicate Ontario government planning province-wide lockdown
- "Don't paint the hydrants" Mississauga fire department tells the public
- Over 80 per cent of eligible Ontarians have now received at least one dose
- Pfizer says third dose of COVID-19 vaccine very effective against Delta variant
- Peel Police have two suspects in Brampton carjacking in custody, search on for other
- Man shot in central Hamilton, street closed