CLOSURE: Popular Mississauga restaurant closing permanently due to lockdown
It’s a sad day for fans of this beloved Streetsville restaurant in Mississauga.
Mondello Ristorante, an Italian eatery that’s been around for over a decade, announced that it’s closing its doors permanently due to the new lockdown restrictions.
“We have made the difficult decision to permanently close our doors after 13 years of serving our community of Streetsville,” the Mondello team said in a recent statement.
“The recent lockdown measures imposed by the government have dealt the final blow to an already difficult period for us.”
Mondello Ristorante will officially close on Sunday, April 11.
Takeout will be available on the following dates, giving residents a final opportunity to enjoy Mondello’s Italian cuisine before it closes forever:
Saturday, April 3: 5pm - 8pm
Thursday, April 8 - Sunday, April 11: 5pm - 8pm
“We would like to take this time to thank all our suppliers, alumni staff, present staff, family, friends and of course all our loyal customers over the years. It's been a great run and we hope you all stay safe.”
The province-wide lockdown went into effect on April 3, prohibiting indoor and outdoor dining at restaurants, among other restrictions.
Are you disappointed to see Mondello go?
- Long-standing Mississauga steakhouse permanently closing
- Cineplex closing theatres until April
- Mississauga mayor believes province-wide lockdown necessary to reduce hospitalizations
- Sources indicate Ontario government planning province-wide lockdown
- City officials issued 57 charges to Mississauga residents during first week of most recent lockdown
- Select Mississauga and Brampton residents between 18 and 49 can book vaccines this week
- Couple charged following hate-related incident in parking lot in Mississauga
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- Mass rollout of the 18+ vaccination sites in hotspots weeks away in Mississauga
- Mississauga and Brampton rolling out mobile vaccine clinics targeting essential workers