Long-Standing Seafood Restaurant Shuts Down in Mississauga
A long-standing seafood restaurant that's been serving customers in the Meadowvale area for years has seemingly closed down.
Lucy’s Seacove and Oyster Bar had been around for over 20 years and was located in a pretty sweet spot, right on Millcreek and conveniently situated across the street from the Meadowvale GO station.
According to signage posted on the door, the City of Mississauga issued an order to the operators of the unit in February 2019 asking the facility to comply with building code criteria. It is not clear if the building permit issue is related to the closure, as the notfication was directed towards the business that owns the space and not restaurant management.
The notice indicates that the city found contraventions of the building code during a Jan. 30 inspection. According to the document, interior operations were launched without the proper permits in place.
You can see the documents below:
Lucy's is marked as permanently closed on Google.
inSauga.com has reached out to the restaurant to find out if the closure is permanent or temporary.
Updates to follow.
- Popular Filipino Restaurant Shuts Down in Mississauga
- Long-standing (and much-loved) Chinese restaurant closes in Mississauga
- Award-winning restaurant seemingly closed in Mississauga
- CLOSURE: Thai Restaurant Closed After Health Inspection in Mississauga
- Popular Seafood Restaurant Closes Down in Mississauga
- Teenage driver crashes into pole in Mississauga while allegedly evading police
- Top 5 Biggest Parks in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Police attempt water rescue in Mississauga's Credit River
- Bonnie Crombie urges patience as cases climb and hospitalization rates remain high in Mississauga
- Air Canada revising refund policy with cancelled flight options