Long-standing Mississauga steakhouse permanently closing
While 2020 is over, the pandemic, and the casualties associated with it, most certainly are not.
The latest COVID-19 casualty is a popular steakhouse in Mississauga.
Today (January 5), Canyon Creek announced it will be permanently closing its doors at two locations in the GTA--at Square One and in Scarborough.
"The COVID-19 pandemic has drastically altered our environment and put a great deal of stress on many businesses including our own," read a statement from the restaurant posted on social media.
"Our landlords presented us with an unexpected and immediate opportunity to vacate both locations. Given the current economic conditions and uncertain future, we have decided to exercise this option," the statement continued.
Those who wish to order one more steak from the popular restaurant will have until January 8 to do so, before the restaurant permanently closes.
The steakhouse has been a fixture at Square One for more than 15 years.
"We want to thank our valued Guests and team members for their loyalty and support during these unprecedented times," the statement read.
Fortunately for fans of Canyon Creek, the other two locations in the GTA, on Dixon Road and at Vaughan Mills, will remain operational.
- Popular yoga studio in Mississauga permanently closing due to COVID-19
- Nando’s restaurant chain set to close multiple locations amid COVID-19 crisis
- Popular bar and restaurant closing down in Mississauga
- Canadian clothing retailer permanently closing stores amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Le Chateau closing all Mississauga locations
- Man reportedly threatening to shoot people in building in Mississauga: Police
- Subway can press $210-million defamation suit against CBC for show on chicken content
- Ontario, Peel Region show drop in COVID cases today, but technical issues may be the reason
- MAYORS CHAT: Bonnie Crombie chats about Mississauga - January 18, 2021
- Ontario ticket holder claims $1 million Maxmillion prize