Long-standing laser tag facility shuts down in Mississauga
It’s the end of an era in Mississauga, as a facility that hosted many of your birthday parties in the 90s (at least if you’re an elder millennial like me) will be closing down.
On Sept. 22, Versent Corporation ULC, a company that operates numerous Laser Quest laser tag facilities across North America (including one on Dundas St. E. in Mississauga), announced that COVID has forced it to close all of its existing Laser Quest locations.
Versent Corporation ULC’s corporate office is based in Mississauga.
“Over the past 27 years, Laser Quest has brought fun to life with countless birthday parties, day camps, and youth group events, plus numerous corporate and education outings,” the company wrote in a letter posted to social media.
“As much as wanted to reopen all of our North American locations, the COVID-19 pandemic and the resulting uncertain economic climate have made the continued operation of many locations next to impossible.”
While the news is no doubt sad for laser tag lovers, there is a silver lining of sorts.
In the letter, the company said that some of its facilities will be opening in the future under new ownership and that more details will be released soon.
“As we bid farewell, we want to thank each and every one of you for your support throughout the years,” the note reads.
Cover photo courtesy of Laser Quest’s official Facebook page
- Mississauga’s Playdium location set to close for good
- Starbucks plans to close up to 200 Canadian locations over two years
- Major company selects Mississauga as its North American headquarters
- Brand New Entertainment Centre Now Open in Mississauga
- Company that operates Tim Hortons preparing to reopen dining rooms when safe
- Some university students in Mississauga are dating older partners to pay off debt
- Top 5 Chicken on the Rocks in Mississauga
- Vehicle leaves scene after striking pedestrian in Mississauga
- Three OPP officers charged following allegations of preferential treatment for GTA tow operators
- Long-awaited store finally opens in Streetsville