Long, Significant Heat Wave to Hit Mississauga This Week
It's definitely not the first heat wave we've had this summer, but Environment Canada believes it may be the longest and most significant one so far.
A heat warning is in effect for this week, with temperatures expected to reach near 40 degrees.
The cause is a hot and humid airmass moving in from the US on Tuesday afternoon.
Hot and humid conditions under partly to mostly sunny skies are expected from Wednesday through Friday.
There are also indications of a weak cold front moving through sometime Friday night, along with the chance of showers and thunderstorms, to potentially make for a considerably cooler weekend.
Again, EC is encouraging citizens to stay cool and hydrated in the heat. Reschedule any outdoor activities for cooler times of the day, and avoid oven-cooked meals if you can help it.
- Film and television studio opening third location in Mississauga
- Justin Trudeau speaks out about racist tirade at Mississauga grocery store, police say they’re investigating
- Police investigating reports of man trying to enter occupied cars in Mississauga
- Here are all the places that now require masks or face coverings in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Anti-masker's racist rant in Mississauga grocery store