Lockdown at Oakville high school due to prank
An Oakville school was locked down earlier today (October 28) for what appears to be a prank.
At 2 p.m. this afternoon, Halton Regional Police Service (HRPS) attended Gaetan-Gervais Secondary School in relation to reports of threatening texts that were received by a small group of students.
The messages were sent to the students by a number they were not familiar with, and, as a result, Gaetan-Gervais Secondary School was put in lockdown, while nearby White Oaks Secondary School was put in hold and secure.
While the investigation is still on-going, initial information available indicates the messages might have been sent as a prank-the sender of the messages is still undetermined, and no arrests have been made at this time.
- Mississauga man still shocked over big lotto win
- Peel’s top doctor says Mississauga’s lockdown could work in short-term, says more needs to be done long-term to address spread
- Two Mississauga residents enjoying lotto wins
- Peel District schools in Mississauga with reported cases of COVID-19 – November 24
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Mississauga with reported COVID-19 cases – November 24