Lockdown at Oakville high school due to prank
An Oakville school was locked down earlier today (October 28) for what appears to be a prank.
At 2 p.m. this afternoon, Halton Regional Police Service (HRPS) attended Gaetan-Gervais Secondary School in relation to reports of threatening texts that were received by a small group of students.
The messages were sent to the students by a number they were not familiar with, and, as a result, Gaetan-Gervais Secondary School was put in lockdown, while nearby White Oaks Secondary School was put in hold and secure.
While the investigation is still on-going, initial information available indicates the messages might have been sent as a prank-the sender of the messages is still undetermined, and no arrests have been made at this time.
- Man attacked with a brick, nearby Brampton school temporarily placed under hold and secure order
- School Under Lockdown Due to Possible Weapon Sighting in Mississauga
- One School in Lockdown and Others in Hold and Secure in Mississauga
- Police on Scene at Mississauga High School Following Troubling Email
- Mississauga High School Under Lockdown Following Reported Assault
- Thirteen tickets won a massive lottery prize in Ontario but no jackpot
- UPDATE: Brampton teen drowns in Halton Hills area
- Mississauga, Brampton vaccine clinics taking place this weekend
- Mississauga enters first stage of reopening as COVID-19 restrictions loosen across Ontario
- What's open at Square One mall in Mississauga