Loblaws Set to Undergo Major Expansion
As most Mississauga shoppers probably know, the line has blurred between food and retail as more brands known for either groceries or everyday products have grown to offer goods that were never part of their initial wheelhouse.
Now, Loblaws shoppers might be happy to hear that the grocery store brand is planning to open 30 new stores and renovate more than 500 existing ones. The company also announced that it's planning to continue the roll out of its Click & Collect e-commerce, improve its health and wellness services and continue to include fresh food at select Shoppers Drug Mart locations.
Overall, the brand plans to invest $1.3 billion in its plan, which it says will create an estimated 10,000 retail, trade and construction jobs.
“Our investment will create improved retail experiences for customers and local jobs for communities,” said Galen G. Weston, Chairman and CEO, Loblaw Companies Limited. “Our focus is clear: Across our network, we will provide greater access to fresh, affordable, innovative food and more robust health and wellness services for Canadians.”
So, if you like one-stop shopping and want to grab some bananas at Shoppers or check your blood pressure while passing from the dairy section to the meat counter, you might have more stores to check out soon.
- Loblaws and Shoppers Drug Mart reducing store hours in response to COVID-19
- Shoppers Drug Mart is Now Providing Same-Day Delivery Across Ontario
- Loblaw stores reintroducing certain services
- Health care workers to get priority access to Loblaws stores
- Shoppers Drug Mart About to Start Offering These Minor Surgical Procedures
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Boeing 737 Max's very first flight after two deadly crashes takes off from Pearson
- This Mississauga neighbourhood has one of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
- Paramedics responding after vehicle crashes into Mississauga residence
- New Jollibee restaurant opens at Square One in Mississauga
- Mississauga woman speechless after massive lottery win